1991 Volvo 740 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 740 model:
Best car you will ever have
By Lynn on 01/02/10 17:47 PM (PST)

1991 Volvo 740 SE Turbo 4dr Sedan

Bought this car new, and now my college age daughter uses it when home. I now have a 2006 V70 but I still love the 740. Has had very few problems, has 175K miles and most parts are original. Will have to replace heater core, but most reliable car I have ever owned. I will probably be buried in it if I can ever pry it out of my kid's hand.

My quirky little brick...
By Bricklover on 08/04/06 12:08 PM (PDT)

1991 Volvo 740 SE Turbo 4dr Sedan

I was given this car in 2002 when it died on the side of a rural GA highway. Turns out the ground wire to the main fuel pump had a bad terminal connection. After about 30 minutes and 10 cents invested, I had a smooth running little Volvo. This car became my wife's (girlfriend at the time) college commuter car. Now it's my daily driver. I love this car. I can take V8 muscle or imports from a standing start to about 80 mph. Beyond that, the 740 is mortal. It's comfy and very safe, and a tad sexy too. My only complaints are the quirky electronics. I can't really complain though for a 15 year old car. Advice to tinkerers: if it ain't broke, leave it be. Volvos will drive you crazy.

My Volvo
By easyj on 08/01/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Volvo 740 SE Turbo 4dr Sedan

The Volvo that I own is one of the funnest and easiest cars I've ever driven.