1991 Volvo 740 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 740 model:
1st Car
By paul_thomas_ on 02/25/11 08:31 AM (PST)

1991 Volvo 740 4dr Wagon

I am the third owner of my 1991 Volvo 740 Wagon and I could not have asked for such a great first car. I got it about 5 years ago and I have put on almost 100,000 miles on it since. A few problems with the fuel pump and the front suspension, but other than that it has been a great car. Getting close to 300,000 miles on it and it is running great. Just make sure to change oil every 3,000 miles. It will last forever

it's a champ
By frowdie on 03/16/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Volvo 740 4dr Wagon

This car has been a reliable, low maintenance vehicle for our family. It has great dependability and is very safe. Also fun to drive!

Volvo 740 Wagon
By Jhanks on 11/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Volvo 740 4dr Wagon

Great handling - still very tight suspension. Great brakes. Engine and transmission still running very smoothly

Volvo serves lemonade
By dfield157 on 02/02/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Volvo 740 4dr Wagon

I invested in Volvo in 1991 with considerable money. I had two new children and thought I was investing in safety and quality. I am one to drive a car for its full life (i.e.10 - 15 years).

Stranded. A lot.
By Tasteefish on 10/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Volvo 740 4dr Wagon

It’s broken down in NJ, it’s broken down in PA, and it’s broken down in OH. Belts break, hoses bust, tape player eats tapes and locks up, sun roof would not open for months, but now, inexplicably, does. Roof leaks during washing. I don’t know the number of times this car has broken down. . But there are some good aspects to this car. Storage. Everywhere. And it’s good to throw strollers in the back. But, so many bad things. And it clunk clunk clunks into second gear (automatic). Not a very quick car, but that is OK.