1990 Volvo 740 Consumer Review: I love it!

1990 Volvo 740 Sedan - Consumer Review

I love it!
By Vinnie on

1990 Volvo 740 GL 4dr Sedan

I used to think that Volvos were the ugliest cars ever made. I inherited a 1990 740 GL sedan and have fallen in love with it! Matter of fact, I'm in the process of doing a refurb on this ride. I totally love the car's reliability and how comfortable it is on the highway. It's a great cruiser. I'm really a truck person, but with today's gas pricing, I've had to park my Chevy 2500HD and use the car as a runner to and from work. I've found myself driving my Volvo everywhere and neglecting my truck! Mechanically, there is nothing wrong with the car, just minor stuff like the compressor and the tie rods needing replacement. I will have the car repainted and that's about it. A great car overall!

The quality of fit and finish throughout the vehicle, comfortable seats, comfortable suspension, great visibility all around, the sunroof, the five star crash rating, the Volvo name.

Intermittent windshield wiper needs better speed and lack of cup holders. Other than that, it's the best built car ever! I now have a respect and a passion for Volvos. Definitely, Volvo... for life!!