The 16 valver
By Kayti on
1990 Volvo 740 GLE 4dr Sedan
This is a car you really have to get into as an owner. You can't just drive it just to drive it, you have to really learn about it to operate it properly. It's an older car, so at times we'd have our mornings with the cold weather and the engine turning over but only for a few seconds. It's a very strongly built car and can handle through most anything if you have the tires for it. :) I would suggest this as a first car to any teenager because it helps to teach responsibility. I've put loads of work into this car to get it where it is today and it runs like a champ! I even take it out and autocross it on weekends. Volvos are well-built cars. Like tanks. And I've loved mine.
Favorite Features
The heated leather seats are great! Along with the heated rear window for those dewy mornings. I also love my sunroof. Its power and works just like the day the car was bought.
Suggested Improvements
This car tends to burn a bit of oil. I'm sure I could fix the problem if I sat down to do it, but I go through about 3-4 quarts every 3 weeks.