1990 740 GLE Volvo wagon
By jfs on
1990 Volvo 740 GLE 4dr Wagon
I am very sad to report that my beloved Volvo was in a front end crash last night. I loved that car! It was the best car that I have ever owned. I bought it from a mechanic in 2008. It has served me extremely well. It had over 300,000 miles, because I had to travel a good distance to my job (for almost a year.) I told my son that no matter how much money I had,I would buy a brand new Volvo! This car even protected me in this bad crash! I would recommend a used Volvo over any other used car. It required very little maintenance. I only had to do minimal upkeep (changing oil,filter,brakes(once),tires, etc.) It was an amazing car! I am so sad! I used all my available words in honor of my Volvo.
Favorite Features
THE ENTIRE CAR
Suggested Improvements
NONE
By asiaviaje
on 01/25/12 10:40 AM (PST)

I own a 1990 VOLVO 740 Wagon. While I still drive it, this car hasn't been trouble-free. It has 160,000 miles. I have had to replace the transmission at around 120,000. The head gasket blew at around 150,000, replaced braking hydraulic cylinder at around 60,000. I am curious whether other VOLVO owners have had these types of repairs that I had experienced.