1990 Volvo 740 2.3L 4-cyl. 4-speed Manual Consumer Reviews

1990 Volvo 740 - Consumer Reviews

GLE Sedan (2.3L 4-cyl. 4-speed Manual)

View reviews for a specific 740 model:
200K and still going
By Purple Haze on 03/22/09 00:16 AM (PDT)

1990 Volvo 740 GLE 4dr Sedan

I just hit 200k a few days ago! The leather seats had a few stitches come loose, had a few plastic moldings crack in the interior but other than normal wear and tear, the car is outstanding. I don't doubt that this car will last me 'til I hit 400k miles!

The 16 valver
By Kayti on 10/08/07 11:17 AM (PDT)

1990 Volvo 740 GLE 4dr Sedan

This is a car you really have to get into as an owner. You can't just drive it just to drive it, you have to really learn about it to operate it properly. It's an older car, so at times we'd have our mornings with the cold weather and the engine turning over but only for a few seconds. It's a very strongly built car and can handle through most anything if you have the tires for it. :) I would suggest this as a first car to any teenager because it helps to teach responsibility. I've put loads of work into this car to get it where it is today and it runs like a champ! I even take it out and autocross it on weekends. Volvos are well-built cars. Like tanks. And I've loved mine.

volvo-fastest truck on the road
By willia on 01/01/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Volvo 740 GLE 4dr Sedan

I have owned 6 differant volvos and my 1990 740 gle is my familys favorite. It has classic styling, very nice looking and fun to drive. I am looking for another, would really like a 5 spd. Safe reliable and necer goes out of style, the 16 valve motor is very fast and the car handles beautifully. The only complaint is rear wheel skidding in wet weather due to torque. All in all the fastest truck on the road.

And you know this
By Kimberly M Jones on 05/29/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Volvo 740 GLE 4dr Sedan

I had ton replace the alternator, fuel pump and filter as well as new catilic converter and exhust system