it's not car. it's family.
By EM on
1993 Volvo 240 4dr Wagon
First Volvo for me after looking at all sorts of used cars. I bought it on eBay-- I live in the rust belt, so there weren't many around me that weren't clean, even if they were lower on miles. I bought it from a guy that buys 240s, fixes them up and sells them, and I flew in to get it and turned around and drove it 6 hours home. It drives like a dream. It is FANTASTIC in the snow. I put sandbags in the rear and good snow tires on her and so far, she out handles our AWD vehicle. We've gotten a ton of snow, so that's saying a lot. i have owned used cars my whole life-- five of them, to be exact, and I LOVE this car.
Favorite Features
@90 mph it hums along like it's going 30, & doesn't drive like a boat. Styling- the wagon gives me status w/the older neighborhood snobs. I love that if something goes wrong I can go to the Internet & there are tons of Volvo sites that will tell me exactly how to fix it.
Suggested Improvements
Fuses/fuse box location. Replace all of your fuses as soon as you get your 240. Seriously. Of course, the missing cup holder. Power Windows- in general I dislike them... Not because something has gone with them but because I'm always afraid that something will.