1993 Volvo 240 Wagon - Consumer Reviews

Base 2.3L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual - (13 reviews )
Great Car
By tqburke on 06/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Volvo 240 Wagon 4dr Wagon

The 1993 240 was the last year they made this car and the one I drive is fitted with the B230FX Motor. Having owned a few 240's, this is definately the best in performance with a very smooth engine. There are very few things that go wrong with the cars but the BOSCH engine management system should use genuine parts for best performance.

My 1986 DL
By Michael C on 06/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Volvo 240 Wagon 4dr Wagon

Sorry, but I actually had a 1986 240 DL Wagon. However I had to write about it especially since this was the last year they were made. I used mine as a car, wagon, pick-up etc. It worked great no matter what I needed. But the people at IPD helped me to make it better. So much so that after spending a little money with them the result was a vehicle that would haul and then handle better than my Corvette. It was a sad day when the company decided to stop making them and even worse is that what cost me $15000.00 in 86 cannot be touched today. I guess I'll look for a low mileage 93 and give the people at IPD a call.

Volvo 240 - 1993
By Jon S. P. on 03/14/02 23:07 PM (PST)

1993 Volvo 240 Wagon 4dr Wagon

Overall this is a great car/wagon for hauling kids, bikes, camping gear, etc. A really safe car to buy for under 10 000 $.