1993 Volvo 240 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 240 model:
Beloved Tank
By Pam C. on 12/27/04 16:29 PM (PST)

1993 Volvo 240 4dr Wagon

Bought the car used a year ago. After an initial problem with the cat conv. the car has been a work horse and a pleasure to drive. I added the IPD bars and the car has an amazing turning radius for a big car. It hauls dogs and home depot trips in all weather with no complaints. Easily does 80 mph highway, 0-60 can take awhile from the 4 hard-working cyls.

Classic Volvo
By jsparham1 on 01/01/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Volvo 240 4dr Wagon

I bought this car on eBay out of a used car dealer in upstate NY and learned some lessons: Pin the seller down on particulars about the car's history, pay less than market if you cannot see the car, be extra wary when buying on line cars. Overall, it is a nice car, a real collector's car as it is a "Classic" 245 of a true limited production model. Wish I'd bought it in 1993!!

GREAT CAR--RELIABLE
By tiffany on 12/31/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Volvo 240 4dr Sedan

I have had mine almost ten years and have loved it every minute. Have had NO problems with it. Scared to buy another volvo because I know another one will never live up to what this car did for me.

My 240
By Oleg on 08/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Volvo 240 4dr Sedan

Reliable but outdated styling. Very loud and poor performing A/C if you live in warmer climates. Excellent and fast heating for cooler climates. Poor acceleration but handles on roads very well.

Great Car
By tqburke on 06/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Volvo 240 4dr Wagon

The 1993 240 was the last year they made this car and the one I drive is fitted with the B230FX Motor. Having owned a few 240's, this is definately the best in performance with a very smooth engine. There are very few things that go wrong with the cars but the BOSCH engine management system should use genuine parts for best performance.

My 1986 DL
By Michael C on 06/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Volvo 240 4dr Wagon

Sorry, but I actually had a 1986 240 DL Wagon. However I had to write about it especially since this was the last year they were made. I used mine as a car, wagon, pick-up etc. It worked great no matter what I needed. But the people at IPD helped me to make it better. So much so that after spending a little money with them the result was a vehicle that would haul and then handle better than my Corvette. It was a sad day when the company decided to stop making them and even worse is that what cost me $15000.00 in 86 cannot be touched today. I guess I'll look for a low mileage 93 and give the people at IPD a call.

There are better looking cars
By V I Roll on 06/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Volvo 240 4dr Sedan

There are certainly sexier cars on the the road than Volvo's classic 240 sedan, but few will ever match the reliability and peace of mind you get while driving the 240. The car is built so well that even at 214k miles, it still feels new.

Volvo 240 - 1993
By Jon S. P. on 03/14/02 23:07 PM (PST)

1993 Volvo 240 4dr Wagon

Overall this is a great car/wagon for hauling kids, bikes, camping gear, etc. A really safe car to buy for under 10 000 $.