1993 Volvo 240 Wagon Cherry Red 4 speed Auto
By cpscooter on
1993 Volvo 240 4dr Wagon
I spent years looking for a 1993 Volvo Wagon. Only year with Airbag, abs, R134a ac and basic volvo design. Acceleration is not great....always plan ahead but still adequate. Tons of space. Incredibly predictable handling which is even better with 15" wheels and ipd sway bars. No blind spots. My wife loves/hates it. I love it because it is safe, predictable, and relatively easy to work on. Odometer broken probably 150 k or so. The people i bought it from sold it because check engine light was on....Mass air flow code....sensor installed wrong...cleaned it and runs extremely smooth. Good basic car. Love the car....would love turbo or european cam to get better power
Favorite Features
Solid handling, better with sway bars from ipd and virgo wheels. Can work on easily, parts cheap and usually readily available. NO blind spots. With my son in the back, i still feel safe as the cage seems designed for him in the middle. Always starts and if it wouldn't it is probably the fuel pump fuse. Still passed emissions with check engine light on. So predictable and cheap...Bought for 900 and will probably have my son drive it when he is 16 until he is comfortable.
Suggested Improvements
Tailgate harness bad. Had a 76 240 and that was bad as well (you would have thought they addressed it by 93). Same cheap plastic interior but basic and functional. Bad resistor on fan motor (same deal as 76) Really! put european cam to up horsepower 2o or so would make huge difference. Sticks are better!