They don't make them like they used to !
By Jaime Obando on
1991 Volvo 240 4dr Sedan
I've had 2 types of 240's a station wagon 87' and now a sedan 91'. The station wagon saved my life. . I was hit head on collission and all I had was a bruise on my knee and some back ache. I immediately bought another volvo but this time it's a sedan. I love the euro style.. Yes it's boxy but I would say euro-boxy which makes all the difference in design. It's rear wheel drive so you don't have to mess with axles and boots going bad. . and since the engine is not. I repeat not crossed from right to left. You have plenty of space to work on it.. I've replaced the starter once. I have done a tune up myself. . and it's got plenty of space to move around. Solid design, roomy, Reliable!!!
Favorite Features
Good Looking, Gives me peace of mind, easy to work on; YES it's a Rear Wheel Drive!!; Good A/c COLD; Great Heater; Big Trunk; Big Doors. . GOOD Gas Milleage; GOOd Old Quality and Design, Above all Craftmanship and Ergonomic designs. E U R O P E A N Style. Plain Beautiful.. NO CHEAP cuts. .
Suggested Improvements
SOME Plastic parts(interior) tend to crumble after some years. Rear suspension tends to sag or lowers down after some years of use and abuse. Please keep making rear wheel drive cars. They are plain better. Run Cooler and are easier to work on whithout braking your knuckles.