Used 1991 Volvo 240 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1991 Volvo 240 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 240 model:
unhappiness
By surferbabeae on 05/27/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Volvo 240 4dr Sedan

being a teenager and driving a volvo deff aint cool...especially b/c i go to a private school. firstly the motor is extremley noisy...so if you go through drive thru's often make sure you yell loudly. and the air conditioning makes the motor run so loudly that it sounds like its going to explode completley. excelleration is pitifull,and the interior design could use some serious work. But it does get great gas mileage. and its never left me on the side of the road.

Safe and Reliable!
By Jboy24VT on 03/24/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Volvo 240 4dr Sedan

Very reliable auto. I average 23MPG, and I am hard on the throttle. Fun car to drive. Plenty of room. Best of all, I feel very safe driving 80MPH down the interstate. My car has drivin many cross country trips, and with 195K miles I still trust it to take me anywhere. It's not my first Volvo and it will not be my last.

A very satisfying car
By clbolt on 09/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Volvo 240 4dr Wagon

This is my second 240 wagon, having previously owned a 1987 with over 250k miles. I specifically looked for another, and haven't been disappointed. No, acceleration and handling aren't exciting. What the Volvo 240 does, and does very well, is get you there, every time. I have never felt as safe in any other vehicle in over 20 years of driving. An affordable modern classic, with more interior volume than many SUVs, rock-solid reliability, and 28 mpg on the highway. Who could realistically ask for more?

Safe car
By szwetch on 04/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Volvo 240 4dr Sedan

The Volvo 240 is not very peppy, but it is comfortable, and safe.

volvo for life
By Feedback on 01/12/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Volvo 240 4dr Sedan

wonderful fun to car to drive. amazing turning radius and great style. just keep that routine maintanance up and she will take care of the rest.

240SE Wagon
By Tom Hearn on 04/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Volvo 240 SE 4dr Wagon

I owned this car for 7 years. Except new air-conditioner, and air mass sensor, I only need to do routine maintenence. It is very reliable.