1990 Volvo 240 2.3L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - Best car I ever owned

1990 Volvo 240 - Consumer Review

DL Wagon (2.3L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Best car I ever owned
By dwags240 on

1990 Volvo 240 DL 4dr Wagon

I lucked out and had a family friend that sold me their 90 240 Wagon DL for a great deal. One owner, highway miles (now 306,000) and no dents or rust. I had to put some work into it as far as replacing oil filters, power window motor, etc but it runs like a champ. I get more compliments on this car then my partner who has a 2013 volvo c30R. It is a true classic and volvo did not slack when building and designing it. I use the midgrade/premium to keep her healthy and running good. I would recommend this car to anyone who is looking for a classic reliable car. Surprisingly with it being rear wheel drive it is a tank in the snow because of how heavy and I get everywhere I need too!!

Favorite Features

Heated Seats, cargo space, smooth ride

Suggested Improvements

Cupholders! They definitely didn't think of that with the volvos of this year. Also the interior "leather" cracks and wears easily in older age as well as center console etc.
By bshand
on 05/01/14 10:44 AM (PDT)

Using premium or anything higher than the recommended fuel does absolutely nothing to "keep her healthy and running good". It's not good for you wallet either. I guess it's good for the gas station.