1990 Volvo 240 Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 240 model:
station wagon 'truck'
By datadave on 02/11/09 22:13 PM (PST)

1990 Volvo 240 Wagon 4dr Wagon

Long lasting! Mine's at 260000. I am a heavily-equiped carpenter and this car carries more than most trucks. I use Thule gutter-mounted removable racks that allow me to put just about anything on the top-- hundreds of pounds. And hundreds of pounds of tools inside and still get over 20 mpg. Bought a newer Econoline to give the Volvo a rest but regret that the big Ford even w/ a smaller than average V6 only gets 15 mpg with the same load. And the Volvo goes faster and looks nice. Expect some rust and small fix ups at this age. Still keeping it for personal use and longer trips.

Teens love them too!
By iskidh on 05/14/08 20:36 PM (PDT)

1990 Volvo 240 Wagon 4dr Wagon

I love this car to death. Someone else has written that this car isn't good for teens. I whole-heartedly disgree. I'm a teen who has wanted a 240 since I was 12. It's a throwback car for the old souls who long for days where SUVs didn't dominate but still want a safe drive. I have had numerous friends who have gotten in serious accidents only to be told if they weren't driving a 240 they would be dead. Enough said! 240 drivers are people who live for the past and not for the new fangled, automated this and hands free that. For people who enjoy driving for its simple joy. They live forever in my opinion and will always be classic!