Love my Tourareg Executive!
By vwbmwmbguy60 on
2013 Volkswagen Touareg VR6 Executive 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)
This is my 2nd Tourareg, my first was a 2007. I bought the overloaded Executive V6 White/Cornsilk. I love all the enhancements they have made since 07. The build quality is exceptional and I have actually used most of the gadgets it comes with. It has a nice sporty look, 20" tires and it gives you great confidence while you drive, I feel safe and sound and in great comfort at all times. It feels like a completely different vehicle from my 07, much more refined and diginified. I just came out of a 2012 BMW X5 Diesel which I loved (this is my 60th car). I also have a 13 MB C63 Coupe and 13- BMW Z4 2.8 and I find myself driving this car as my daily driver. Huge bang for the buck! $$
Favorite Features
I love the cushy, comfortable leather seating and the heated front, rear and heated steering wheel! Dynaudio is awesome but truthfully the Fender in the Bug Convertible is much better. Nav is user friendly as well as all of the other touch screen toys. People have a hard time believing its a VW (albeit a 58K VW) but still almost 20K less than my X5 I just traded. It has classic good looks and drives very well, can't wait to try it in the snow! Cruises through heavy rains with ease and stability. Love the panoramic sunroof, a huge improvement!
Suggested Improvements
They touted better gas mileage than previous models, it has a 26.5 gallon tank and costs about $80-100.00 to fill it up with premium. (ouch) I filled up today and averaged 11.2 MPG combined, granted most of this is intown Atlanta driving. Will be curious to see how it does on a long trip, its doubtful it will ever hit the 23 MPG posted, but I am an ambitious driver, I think 17 HWY is more realistic unfortunately. My 07 got about the same with a smaller engine, this is truly my only big disappointment in the vehicle, I love it otherwise. The TDI would do better with MPG, but diesel is so expensive and a pain to find, its not worth the few more MPGs.