2013 Volkswagen Touareg Consumer Review: I Do Have A Gripe!

2013 Volkswagen Touareg - Consumer Review

I Do Have A Gripe!
By claudestouareg on

2013 Volkswagen Touareg TDI Lux 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 8A)

Okay, we love this car. We researched the whole field of candidates and in the end there was no other choice to deliver this level of overall satisfaction: TDI=check, 8 speed tranny=check, full time all wheel drive=check, good value for money=check, excellent build quality=check, and so on. But as a tech geek I have an unrequited curiosity about the technical details of this car, particularly the drive train components. Such details are hard to come by from the manufacturer and that is just not right given the the level of sophistication and do-not-touch obscurity of traditionally accessible owner service points. It is disquieting to have your mechanic say "you can't change a light bulb"

Favorite Features

Great no-frills real technology. I feel like I own a fighter jet.

Suggested Improvements

Make a lot more information available to owners about the underlying technology of this car. Here I don't mean how the electronic frills work. I mean: how does this car work! Where is the brake fluid reservoir, for example. My VW mechanic was not sure! Calm my panic that nobody in America understands this car!