2013 Volkswagen Touareg 3.0L V6 Turbo Diesel AWD 8-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Love the handling of this

2013 Volkswagen Touareg - Consumer Review

TDI Lux 4dr SUV (3.0L V6 Turbo Diesel AWD 8-speed Automatic)

Love the handling of this SUV - fun to drive
By hhs2000 on

2013 Volkswagen Touareg TDI Lux 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 8A)

This is my first diesel car. Boy, I love the torque. Didn't realize the modern diesel engine is so clean and quiet until I drove one. Fell in love with the diesel car. Had 1100 miles on it. With 70/30 hwy/local driving. I got avg 28 mgp. I test drove Audi Q5, MB ML350, GLK and VW Touareg. love the Q5 and Touareg. Sold on Touareg on room and power train and big fuel tank. I don't have to visit gas station as often. A full tank give me 700+ mile. I had to fill my Honda Pilot every 350 miles. I still own a 2007 Honda Pilot. Great reliable SUV. But in terms of driving experience. Honda can't compare with VW Touareg. Touareg is a Luxury SUV under a none-luxury badge. I like it.

Favorite Features

Touch screen control center, Luxury interior, new diesel engine is so clean and lots of torque. Quiet interior. Compare to 2012, Switching between drive and Sports mode is much easy. Another observation comparing gas and diesel. My other gas cars always have strong fume smell when cold start in the morning. Not on this diesel TDI. There is no smell coming from the tail pipe at all. The new clean diesel engine with ULSD makes huge difference. Unless there are major breakthrough on Electric car, my next car will be also diesel.

Suggested Improvements

In addition to the backup camera, should include front and back sensors