2013 Volkswagen Touareg Consumer Review: I like it better than my ML350

2013 Volkswagen Touareg - Consumer Review

VR6 Sport 4dr SUV (3.6L V6 AWD 8-speed Automatic)

I like it better than my ML350 and Q5
By tvevans1 on

2013 Volkswagen Touareg VR6 Sport 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I have about 2000 miles on the vehicle and I am very pleased to date. I hope writing this review doesn't change things! I have owned numerous Audi's (A6 and Q5) and still have two Mercedes (M Class and E Class) but this is my favorite vehicle so far. Probably because it's my first diesel and I am averaging over 30mph with 70% non-highway and 30% highway driving. The power is awesome and the engine is very smooth. It is unbelievably quiet inside, no road or wind noise. It drives more like a SUV than a crossover but still has a car feel. Steering is very tight, turning radius excellent, handling outstanding. The brakes are good but have a little spongy feel. Not sure on reliability.

TDI Engine. Power Tailgate. Touchscreen audio and navigation. Panoramic Sunroof. 30MPG combined. Excellent Fit and finish both inside and outside, better than my Audi and Mercedes. Rear View Camera. Lots of room both front and back seats. Love the bluetooth auto connection feature, can stream Rhapsody with not plugs. Like the 115V. I never have used Navigation because of my phone but the Touareg navigation is excellent...it shows both on the touch screen and on the driver info screen in a compressed format. New 2013 TDI engine is lighter which helps with better handling and MPG>

Crap! why do they put on OEM Goodyear tires! Audio is good, but not outstanding. Touchscreen audio is a little cumbersome, have to press multiple times just to get back to SD Card list. Plus leaves fingerprints but I put on a screen protector which helps a lot. Love the sunroof but sunlight always comes through even with the shade so it can get hot easy.
By cambino123
on 10/09/12 12:03 PM (PDT)

i have pirelli's on the one i bought.