2013 Volkswagen Touareg Consumer Review: German Tank

2013 Volkswagen Touareg - Consumer Review

VR6 Sport 4dr SUV (3.6L V6 AWD 8-speed Automatic)

German Tank
By sammy12000 on

2013 Volkswagen Touareg VR6 Sport 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I have about 2500 miles on my TDI. The mpg rating is pretty accurate on this suv. I live in L.A. and i was able to drive round trip to Vegas and still had over a 1/4 tank of gas left! And no i was not driving like a granny to save gas, this was under normal-to-semi-aggresive driving. The car has a VERY quiet interior. This car feels very planted and solid thank to the all wheel drive. You cannot tell this car is a diesel as it is very quiet although when you punch the gas the diesel makes an awesome aggresive note. The power steering is a little stiff but has an impressive turning radius. The steering wheel does have the typical vibration known to VW's.

Favorite Features

-Turbo diesel engine. -leatherette -8 speed tranny -headlights -torque(over 400!) -fun to drive, all wheel drive.

Suggested Improvements

They need to get rid of the steering wheel vibration which is not pleasant or attactive at this price point. Better sound system! Small investment but makes such a huge difference for the consumer.
By nikr
on 04/30/13 12:26 PM (PDT)

I was wondering if your steering shake has gone away? If so, what so the solution?

By nikr
on 04/30/13 10:04 AM (PDT)

I was wondering if your german tank still has the shakes? aka the steering wheel shakes. If it doesnt what was the remedy? I believe they have a big issue at hand