2013 Volkswagen Touareg Consumer Reviews 3

2013 Volkswagen Touareg - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Touareg model:
A Very Capable & Comfortable SUV
By jabteb on 01/26/13 05:10 AM (PST)

2013 Volkswagen Touareg TDI Lux 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 8A)

This is a very capable and comfortable SUV. TDI provides loads for power for effortless acceleration and cruising. On the road, it has great manners with precision steering and a nice road feel. In the snow and gunk 4 Motion provides super secruity. The 8 speed transmission is extremely smooth and when coupled with the TDI accelerates quickly to expressway cruising speeds. The ride is smooth and quiet with little cabin noise. Leather seating is fits the body like a glove. I only have 1500 miles on it but mileage is around 26 MPG real world with about 2/3 highway and 1/3 town. I've already seen the advertised 29 MPG on the highway and it isn't even broke in yet.

100% love it
By drivinitsoftly on 01/03/13 16:57 PM (PST)

2013 Volkswagen Touareg TDI Lux 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 8A)

this car is a wonder to drive. it has tons of pickup for its size, and a luxurious feel. the brown leather is top notch. the sound system requires some updating, but the 25+mpg driving for me has been a savings vs my cross tour. I am happy every time I drive it.

VW should be selling more of these ...
By early74b on 12/14/12 08:40 AM (PST)

2013 Volkswagen Touareg VR6 Sport 4dr SUV AWD w/Navigation (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Getting this Touareg was a big step up from the '09 VW Routan SEL that I traded in for it as I no longer needed the 3rd row but wanted something a bit more luxurious, etc. and this SUV fits the bill! Very solid build quality, exceptional navi/voice controls, upscale digital info screens (both between the front gauges and main screen) and VW's leatherette 'feels' and acts just like real leather although perforated to be cool during summer. Tons of room in rear seats (slide back 6" for more leg room) and ride, power, smooth 8-speed trans all excellent. Executive class cruiser! Test drive other mid-size SUV's and then drive one of these and you'll see the difference --

Lots of Car for the Money
By tx_reg on 12/12/12 07:26 AM (PST)

2013 Volkswagen Touareg TDI Executive 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 8A)

I'm not gonna lie...$60,000 is not a cheap car by any means. However, when you stack it up against its competitors such as the BMW x5, Mercedes ML, Range Rover Sport, etc. it turns out that the Touareg has value on its side. Each of those can easily cost $10,000+ more that than the Touareg. I have owned several Acuras, BMWs and Lexus models over the years and this feels like a more solid car than any of them. Everyone that has ridden with me since I bought it comments on how heavy, solid and substantial that it feels. That said, it is still pretty nimble for an SUV of its size and weight. It is a little bumpy around town (but hey, it's an SUV) but it's like a dream on the highway.

2013 Touareg TDI
By cambino123 on 10/09/12 10:45 AM (PDT)

2013 Volkswagen Touareg TDI Executive 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 8A)

I purchased the Treg TDI 2 weeks ago. I was looking for a high performance machine (240HP 406lb torque) that returns high MPG. I just returned from a 400 Mile road trip and still have more than half a tank to empty. The engine makes a brilliant rumble and the turbo sounds so nice at low speeds. I have the saddle brown leather which is like a baseball glove. The dashboard wood grain is so luxurious and classy, it makes my previous Lexus GS seem like a toy. This car is very well built and the construction is solid. It stands out on the road in a sea of RX350's. This is truly a dreamy SUV. Looking forward to reviewing it again 1 year from now.

I like it better than my ML350 and Q5
By tvevans1 on 09/24/12 16:55 PM (PDT)

2013 Volkswagen Touareg TDI Lux 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 8A)

I have about 2000 miles on the vehicle and I am very pleased to date. I hope writing this review doesn't change things! I have owned numerous Audi's (A6 and Q5) and still have two Mercedes (M Class and E Class) but this is my favorite vehicle so far. Probably because it's my first diesel and I am averaging over 30mph with 70% non-highway and 30% highway driving. The power is awesome and the engine is very smooth. It is unbelievably quiet inside, no road or wind noise. It drives more like a SUV than a crossover but still has a car feel. Steering is very tight, turning radius excellent, handling outstanding. The brakes are good but have a little spongy feel. Not sure on reliability.