2012 Volkswagen Touareg VR6 Sport 4dr SUV AWD w/Navigation (3.6L 6cyl 8A)
I visited my dealer in early December to look at a 2011 left over. After driving a Midnight Blue 2012 I decided to trade-in my 2009 Tiguan for the 2012 Touareg.
I have previously owned other "high line" vehicles from Acura, Lexus, and Infinity ... but none come close to the new Touareg - yes it IS a "high line" vehicle (and I bought the Sport version!).
Build quality is amazing, design is amazing, materials are amazing, ride is amazing.
This is one well built vehicle.
- Overall ride
- Bluetooth (more advanced than in my Tiguan)
- Standard MP3/iPod intergration
- Quality and layout of interior
- Large Navi screen
- Voice controls
- Huge amounts of rear leg room
- Backup camera (careful, most of the TRegs on the lot have parking sensors instead of cameras due to Japan supply issues) ... I was not aware of this until I purchased it
- Placement of controls on power seats make it easy to bump getting in and out (causing unintentional seat movement at times)
† Edmunds.com received the highest numerical score in the proprietary J.D. Power 2014 Third-Party Automotive Website Evaluation Study℠. Results based on responses from 3,381 responses, measuring 14 companies and measures third-party automotive website usefulness among new and used vehicle shoppers. Proprietary study results are based on experiences and perceptions of owners surveyed from January 2014. Your experiences may vary. Visit jdpower.com.