2012 Volkswagen Touareg - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Touareg model:
Beautiful
By billyjack2 on 12/16/11 17:01 PM (PST)

2012 Volkswagen Touareg TDI Sport 4dr SUV AWD w/Navigation, Prod. End 10/11 (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 8A)

This is a must see/drive vehicle. When you can average over 29 mpg in about 90/10 highway/city driving, it's pretty sweet.

Love the quality
By zenberg1 on 12/11/11 21:29 PM (PST)

Picked this car up a week ago trading in my BMW 5 series and already have over 1000 miles. Am pretty shocked to be getting over 28 mpg average with my driving split 70/30 hwy to city driving. Beautiful inside with well thought out controls and very comfortable seats. The ride is so smooth it's like gliding. I really like how nav, phone, stereo and trip computer interface show up in center of console, right in front of the driver. A couple of minor complaints: for this price (almost 50k with tax) this car should have memory seats and remote key fob. I mean even mid tier cars give u this today.

My First Toureg TDI w/lux package
By aakdeniz on 11/18/11 12:21 PM (PST)

2012 Volkswagen Touareg TDI Lux 4dr SUV AWD w/Prod. End 10/11 (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 8A)

I have been driving BMWs for the last 25 years including an X5, I was on my way to get a 2012 X5 and decided to checkout the Toureg on my way to BMW dealership. I am well aware of the latest technologies especially on BMWs. Well guess what? I was so impressed with the Diesel Toureg with Lux package that I ended up buying one that day. Gas milage, technology options, safety features, interior room and the feel of driving is impressive (i am getting 30mph highway, 24 city and 26.7 combined). Make no mistake- for almost $18k less than a comparative BMW X5, this car is the best buy from every perspective. Dealer experience was as good as a BMW dealership. The car is perfect after 2k of driving

Disappointing From The Start
By clarkg on 11/08/11 14:48 PM (PST)

My 2012 Touareg Lux TDI has been a disappointment as compared to the 2010 Touareg TDI I owned previously. The key/fob ignition system is a huge step backwards in convenience from the keyless start system. Unless you want to spend an additional $5K for the "Executive" version I have found the key fob gizmo in my 2012 "Lux" model as very difficult to operate properly. Upon stopping the engine the key fob cannot be removed from the dash socket about 50% of the time so I have to jockey the start/stop engine function until it can be extracted. If VW engineers were trying to prevent theft they actually have enhanced it as when the fob is stuck anyone can hop in and drive off.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Volkswagen Touareg in VA is:

$129 per month*