2012 Volkswagen Touareg SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Touareg model:
Do NOT buy this SUV if you live where the wind blows!
By geophyz on 04/11/13 13:17 PM (PDT)

2012 Volkswagen Touareg SUV VR6 Lux 4dr SUV AWD w/Prod. End 10/11 (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I have had my beautiful Touareg for a little over a year. The colour is lovely, I love the leather seats and the basic layout. The car gets good gas mileage and has loads of get up and go. BUT, if you live anywhere that the wind blows do not buy this car. It does not hold the road in the wind and is so light you feel like it is going to blow off the road. I am trading it in for a good old heavy SUV this weekend!

Great vehicle, But
By sasquatch7 on 01/07/12 17:49 PM (PST)

2012 Volkswagen Touareg SUV VR6 Sport 4dr SUV AWD w/Navigation (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Our new 2012 is a great vehicle in many ways. The build quality, ride,handling, comfort and handling are one of the best. It also has many items that come standard that are options on other vehicles in this catagory. What it falls short in is the lack of available safety options that are available on similar level vehicles. No Blis system, adaptive cruise, surround cameras. All of which are available on the Touareg's European models. I read where VW execs. said USA buyers would not want to pay extra for these options.

2012 VW Touareg Sport w/ Navigation
By bandit66 on 01/03/12 12:35 PM (PST)

2012 Volkswagen Touareg SUV VR6 Sport 4dr SUV AWD w/Navigation (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I visited my dealer in early December to look at a 2011 left over. After driving a Midnight Blue 2012 I decided to trade-in my 2009 Tiguan for the 2012 Touareg. I have previously owned other "high line" vehicles from Acura, Lexus, and Infinity ... but none come close to the new Touareg - yes it IS a "high line" vehicle (and I bought the Sport version!). Build quality is amazing, design is amazing, materials are amazing, ride is amazing. This is one well built vehicle.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Volkswagen Touareg Suv in VA is:

$129 per month*