2012 Volkswagen Touareg Diesel Consumer Reviews

2012 Volkswagen Touareg Diesel - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Touareg model:
Great Vehicle
By clockit4 on 01/11/15 09:29 AM (PST)

2012 Volkswagen Touareg Diesel TDI Lux 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 8A)

I am very impressed with this vehicle. I have a two Bmw X 5's in the past, and this vehicle is of equal or slightly better quality. I cannot stand rattles in a vehicle and this Touareg posses no rattles whatsoever. Very stable over bumps and railroad tracks. I love the gas mileage the TDI offers. The navigation system is the best I have seen in any vehicle. Love the posted speed limits shown on screen. Touareg currently has 29,000 miles on the odometer.

2 years and 30,000 miles
By fordecoboost on 03/17/14 15:03 PM (PDT)

2012 Volkswagen Touareg Diesel TDI Lux 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 8A)

Quite possibly the best vehicle I have owned and this covers GM, Chrysler, Ford, Austin Healy 3000, Volvo. Volkswagen Group(Porsche & Audi). (Ford F 150ecoboost not included, The Beast). Fuel Mileage is as advertised...20-29mpg overall. 2(2 -5,800 mile rt's from California to Ohio, via southern and northern routes[28.5mpg avg. Speed to 105mph]. Tire wear(Pirelli) is at the half way point, brake pads are at 9mm. Vehicle speed control maintains speed when ascending long grades(ie, New Mexico and Arizona)Not true when decending. Was given a rather late model Infinity SUV while waiting on delivery of Vdub. What a joke! Like a buckboard with confusing controls. 6 inch watery marsh, no problem.

Extremely disappointed - not recommended
By sk14msk on 11/18/13 19:48 PM (PST)

2012 Volkswagen Touareg Diesel TDI Lux 4dr SUV AWD w/Prod. End 10/11 (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 8A)

I bought my 2012 Toureg certified used with 12k miles on it. The steering wheel shakes at 65-75 mph and I took my car back to the dealer two times already. Every time they returned the car to me, they said the problem has been fixed. New tires, alignment, nothing is helping. There are numerous other VW Touareg drivers out there who are as disappointed as I am. The steering wheel shake makes longer trips very uncomfortable. I am extremely unhappy with this car.

2012 Touareg TDI Exec
By treg23 on 01/15/13 11:28 AM (PST)

2012 Volkswagen Touareg Diesel TDI Executive 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 8A)

Traded in my beloved "05 V8 Exec on this 2012 TDI Exec in July 2012. Have logged lots of seat time accumulating almost 20,000 Kms. Overall this is a very good and very capable vehicle but this one seems was seemingly built by an Slovakian on a Friday afternoon.

Six Weeks with Hilda -Touareg TDI
By talone on 11/24/12 01:14 AM (PST)

2012 Volkswagen Touareg Diesel TDI Sport 4dr SUV AWD w/Navigation (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 8A)

Six weeks ago I purchased a new black 2012 Touareg. I named the vehicle "Hilda" and I must say this girl is well built, fun to drive, has a great motor and impresses all who ride with her. Originally I planned to purchase a gas Tourareg, but after taking the diesel out for a drive I was hooked. I fell in love with Hilda and how smoothly and quickly she travels down the highway and navigates city streets. Hilda embraced my 6'-6" frame as no other SUV I have ever driven. Hilda is a pricey vehicle, but fine cars like fine women don't come cheap. In the case of Hilda she has performed exceptionally well. I have noticed many a man look at Hilda with lust in their eyes. WHAT A GREAT CAR!!!

My first and last VW
By jmay1 on 03/24/12 12:52 PM (PDT)

2012 Volkswagen Touareg Diesel TDI Lux 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 8A)

I traded in my 2007 Volvo XC90 for the 2012 Touareg TDI and, 7 months later, I am trading it in with only 8400 miles on it. Since I bought it in September of 2011, I have had it in for service 6 times (AdBlue pump issues, check engine light has come on many times and the brakes squeal when in reverse). I love the styling, comfort and gas mileage, but it's just not worth the headache and trips to the service department. I would have thought for what I paid for it, it would have been better in it's class. I chose this over the Audi Q5 and the BMW X3 (which cost less) and I couldn't be more disappointed.

Very satisfied
By steve41 on 01/11/12 09:58 AM (PST)

2012 Volkswagen Touareg Diesel TDI Lux 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 8A)

Traded a troublesome 09 BMW X5 diesel. Could not be happier. The new body looks like a Cayenne, (had a Cayenne prior to the X5), and the interior is very nice. Handling is great; mileage will hopefully improve from 26,27. I hope to get 29, as I did with the X5. Touch screen with phone interface, nav with traffic,sirius xm is very nice and easy to use. Good sound system. Feels solid and hopefully will be a good ride for a long time. 2700 miles to date.

Beautiful
By billyjack2 on 12/16/11 17:01 PM (PST)

2012 Volkswagen Touareg Diesel TDI Sport 4dr SUV AWD w/Navigation, Prod. End 10/11 (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 8A)

This is a must see/drive vehicle. When you can average over 29 mpg in about 90/10 highway/city driving, it's pretty sweet.

Love the quality
By zenberg1 on 12/11/11 21:29 PM (PST)

Picked this car up a week ago trading in my BMW 5 series and already have over 1000 miles. Am pretty shocked to be getting over 28 mpg average with my driving split 70/30 hwy to city driving. Beautiful inside with well thought out controls and very comfortable seats. The ride is so smooth it's like gliding. I really like how nav, phone, stereo and trip computer interface show up in center of console, right in front of the driver. A couple of minor complaints: for this price (almost 50k with tax) this car should have memory seats and remote key fob. I mean even mid tier cars give u this today.

My First Toureg TDI w/lux package
By aakdeniz on 11/18/11 12:21 PM (PST)

I have been driving BMWs for the last 25 years including an X5, I was on my way to get a 2012 X5 and decided to checkout the Toureg on my way to BMW dealership. I am well aware of the latest technologies especially on BMWs. Well guess what? I was so impressed with the Diesel Toureg with Lux package that I ended up buying one that day. Gas milage, technology options, safety features, interior room and the feel of driving is impressive (i am getting 30mph highway, 24 city and 26.7 combined). Make no mistake- for almost $18k less than a comparative BMW X5, this car is the best buy from every perspective. Dealer experience was as good as a BMW dealership. The car is perfect after 2k of driving