New Owner
By utahgolfer on
2011 Volkswagen Touareg VR6 Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)
I only have 600 miles on the vehicle and all of it has been in town. I plan to update this as I get more miles. No opinion on mileage, road noise, ride on long trips, reliability, service, and handling in the snow, Yet. I have ordered the towing package but it hasn't come in yet. I don't use the phone bluetooth.
Favorite Features
I like the feel of the car, the steering is tight, and so far the seats are comfortable. With this cold winter the heated seats are excellent. The nav system works well once it is set up. (See below). I can get a set of golf clubs across the back, many SUVs were to narrow. The back up camera works very well, as to the headlights. The Ipod interface is good, but see below.
Suggested Improvements
So far I hate the voice control. It is difficult to set up the nav with it. Other manufacturers seem to have a better handle on this. My hand held Garmin is easier to set up. There is no place for coins. The compartment under the arm rest is large, but could use a shallow divider as in most SUVs. The single CD player, located in the glove box is difficult to get at, and, for people that listen to recorded books, it is very inconvenient. It has forced me to get an Ipod, and ripping books to the Ipod is no fun. The user manual is so full of saftety warnings that it is hard to use. I still get the cruise control lever and the turn signal lever mixed up. Different sides would have help