2011 Volkswagen Touareg - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Touareg model:
I'm impressed!!!!
By VW Driver on 11/15/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Volkswagen Touareg VR6 Lux 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

This is my first SUV and 4th VW. I traded in my 07 GTI (really fun to drive, great gas mileage) for something less likely to get stuck in the snow and able to more capable for weekend trips. I was worried about the performance (corning, braking acceleration) but I'm impressed that such a large SUV can move so quickly. It’s not a GTI but its great cruiser that doesn’t complain when driving on twisty country roads. The panoramic sunroof is amazing!!!! The brakes are amazing and the touch screen NAV system is simple to use.

On-Road Only
By John Nehgerbahn on 11/12/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Volkswagen Touareg TDI Executive 4dr SUV 4WD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 8A)

Traded in my 09 for the 2011,also picking up a AWD CC for my summer car, which I ended up not needing. My previous car had been a excellent off- roader, and presuming that the new one carried on with the off-road creds, bought the '11 model. I purchased it in summer not needing off-road capability ,and found the car flawless with a buttery smooth ride, gorgeous looks in and out, great fuel economy, and lots of space. As soon as winter began however, the car turned out to be a nightmare. It simply cannot leave the beaten trail, lacking any off road potential. I understand that few people go venture, but the ability to drive in mud bogs and cross rivers is mandatory in Northern Alska.

20,510 of 20,510 people found this review helpful
been 'lookin for a year
By parksi on 11/07/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Volkswagen Touareg VR6 Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

11/7/10 - For the last three months I have been test driving every mid size SUV from Toyota to Porsche. I test drove the new Touareg last Thursday and drove it home that afternoon! It's like you know when it's " right ".... and it was. It's everything that I have been looking for and more. Luxurious appointments, comfortable, and a perfect vehicle for the mountains and city driving. I bought the Lux TDI in Gallapogos Gray with black interior. It's awesome.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Volkswagen Touareg in VA is:

$113 per month*