2011 Volkswagen Touareg Consumer Reviews 2

2011 Volkswagen Touareg - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Touareg model:
Rare Find!!White w/Saddle Brown VR LUX
By bigcat56 on 01/31/11 09:31 AM (PST)

2011 Volkswagen Touareg VR6 Lux 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

This 2011 VW Touareg VR6 Lux is the BEST car I have purchased in the last 35 years. I'm a big man at 6'3" 280lbs, hard to find any vehicle with enough space for someone my size to sit behind me, but this suv has that as well as comfort for all passengers. Looked at BMW X5, MB ML350, Nissan Murano, new Ford Edge, Volvo XC60. A complete joy to drive, plenty of power from VR6/8Spd, Classy, Luxurious interior with all the Technology you can handle. Didn't think I needed a NAV system, but this one has totally changed my mind. Standard stereo system sounds rich and full to my ears. Price point when considered with all standard equipment vs. luxury competition is within reason.

New Owner
By utahgolfer on 01/15/11 15:39 PM (PST)

2011 Volkswagen Touareg VR6 Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I only have 600 miles on the vehicle and all of it has been in town. I plan to update this as I get more miles. No opinion on mileage, road noise, ride on long trips, reliability, service, and handling in the snow, Yet. I have ordered the towing package but it hasn't come in yet. I don't use the phone bluetooth.

'11 Touareg TDI hits almost all targets
By tdifor on 01/04/11 13:30 PM (PST)

2011 Volkswagen Touareg TDI Lux 4dr SUV 4WD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 8A)

We took delivery of our new '11 TDI Lux on 12/9/10, and my wife and son want to drive it more than their own cars ('08 GTI and '02 525i wagon). It's quiet, comfortable, beautiful inside and out (what a sunroof!), has a great nav system and electronics package, great power (can't wait 'til summer to tow our boat), and is getting 25+ mpg! It passed its snow test with flying colors, and the handling is fantastic. The only negatives are price ($55K) and lack of cargo space, but we knew what we were getting into there. Five adults and all their stuff plus some food gets pretty tight, but if you don't mind a car-top carrier it would be a great answer. Check it out if looking for a new small SUV!

Touareg best I have owned
By jdpompano on 12/23/10 07:01 AM (PST)

2011 Volkswagen Touareg TDI Lux 4dr SUV 4WD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 8A)

I have owned many cars, trucks and SUV's over my lifetime, including luxury brands from Audi and Acura, this is the best vehicle yet. The build quality, handling, engine performance/mileage are all great, best in class. I have owned this for two months and I am averaging 22mpg in city driving, with excellent acceleration and engine smoothness. The technology features are intuitutive for most, but there is still a learning curve. DVD player in glove compartment a plus.

Best Car Ever
By Anonymous on 12/07/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Volkswagen Touareg TDI Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 8A)

I have been driving for 50 years and have driven most makes and models from GM, Ford, MB, RR, Audi, BMW, Low budget to > $70k and this is the best vehicle I have ever driven! Solid, quiet and fuel efficient. The safety features are great, and the looks speak for themselves, 'understated elegance'.

Awesome!!
By Prakash on 12/02/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Volkswagen Touareg VR6 Lux 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Returned my leased '08 Touareg and got Lux. It's Awesome!! My lease was up in Feb'11 but, couldn't wait. VW had an offer for paying off last three payments so, couldn't resist but, to pick this up! Steering feel is great, nice interiors, drives like a sports car. Side and rear looks are better than any of the other lux SUV including Cayenne. Now BMW has a competition.

No longer poor mans Audi
By frankclh on 11/25/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Volkswagen Touareg VR6 Lux 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

After several Audi's, found them not willing to give any incentive to get a Q5. Went to VW for a better deal and got an Audi with a VW badge. Built like a vault, great driving suv with a better nav package. Service is also included. Great brakes and steering, smooth engine, so far about 21mpg going back and forth to work. Bigger and almost double tow rating of the Q5 for same money but better deal through VW Financial.

Verdict is still out.
By Chicago Gearhead on 11/23/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Volkswagen Touareg TDI Lux 4dr SUV 4WD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 8A)

Just owned my Touareg TDI for 24 hours now. Really wanted the hybrid but the whole Chicagoland area is only getting about 10 hybrids for the whole 2011 model year. Seems like an advertising scam to me. The TDI surprisingly has little torque until past 2K rpm's. My GX470 seemed to have much better torque at 1300 rpms even though it is rated at 76 less lb ft torque. Handle's really well, similar to my wife's G35x. Fit and finish is well executed. I seem to have no problem meeting or exceeding the gov't rated MPG's. Over all, I'm happy with the purchase but at these steep prices, I don't think VW is going to sell many of these!

Drove all Lux Trucks
By Bada on 11/19/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Volkswagen Touareg VR6 Executive 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Last 8 years owned LX470, X5 , Cayenne and ML350. Test drove Touareg last week. Very nice. Ordered an Executive edition. Black and Black. Go test drive, you will like this redesigned truck. ( If you like the Toyota/Lexus soft ride - Touareg is probably not for you ). Expect more of a Sports Car type handling.

New 2011 Touareg
By Michael on 11/18/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Volkswagen Touareg TDI Lux 4dr SUV 4WD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 8A)

My last 3 trucks were two Land Rover Discoveries and then the LR3. I was ready to trade in after five years and surveyed the landscape of real trucks - LR4, Sport, Armada, Infinit - you name it. I drove the Touareg and decided to go for it. It has good truck sensibilities, but drives like the Cayenne. It is comfortable and more economic than the 11 mph LR4.