Used 2011 Volkswagen Touareg VR6 Sport SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Volkswagen Touareg SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Touareg model:

Our first VeeDub
By ec374897

2011 Volkswagen Touareg SUV VR6 Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Our Touareg was our first VW, but not our first SUV. Previously we had a Ford Explorer and a Toyota Highlander. When looking for our new car, we looked and drove several, including the 4runner, Q5 and X5. The Touareg, hands-down trounced our previous suv's when it came to handling, performance and comfort. Our '06 Highlander drove like a minivan compared to the tight feel and zippy performance from the T-reg. When it came time to choose, the VW experience, and price/feature ratio won out over our other options. 4runner - too much like a truck, and the price point when compared to Audi/BMW was perfect. Overall, this vehicle is fun to drive and gets good mpg for its class.

We love the integrated bluetooth for phone and audio streaming. The entertainment options are amazing: You can put songs on the internal hard drive, there are two SD slots for MP3/digital audio, DVD/CD player, iPOD/external audio adapter, bluetooth audio and SiriusXM. The Navi is great, very intuitive interface, and having the additional full-color lcd multi-function display in the drivers cluster is a great feature. You can control most of the system from the steering wheel using the center display so you are barely looking away from the road. Voice control of the system is a nice touch. The headlights are great at night, especially on dark roads.

The power controls for the driver/passenger seats are a bit too high, and tend to be bumped when entering or exiting the vehicle. Nothing major, but still, something that came up. It would be nice if the track/artist information displayed in the driver cluster, and not just in the main display.

The Best SUV for your $$$
By sgleyzer

2011 Volkswagen Touareg SUV VR6 Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I was a Lexus RX owner for the past 10 year. Drove 2000, 2004, 2006, 2008 & 2009 models and HATED them for as long as I had them all. I wanted a change.... When passing by VW dealer I saw this Beauty on the front lot I took if for a test drive that moment. It was Sport V6. It was OH MY... after just 5 minutes of driving I test drove MDX, RX350, X5, Mazda9 and 2011 Grand Cherokee. Non of these came close (money vs what you get) I picked up my Touareg Sport V6 for more then 6K off MSRP ($39200) on 12/22/10 For all folks on the market for 5 pass. SUV MAKE YOURSELF A HUGE FAVOR PLEASE CHECK IT OUT AND TAKE IT FOR A DRIVE!!!! THATS ALL :-))) Good Luck & All The BEST!!!!

ALL

Navigation should provide default US State location Glove compartment is to small Door storage should be reconfigured to allow more storage

New Owner
By utahgolfer

2011 Volkswagen Touareg SUV VR6 Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I only have 600 miles on the vehicle and all of it has been in town. I plan to update this as I get more miles. No opinion on mileage, road noise, ride on long trips, reliability, service, and handling in the snow, Yet. I have ordered the towing package but it hasn't come in yet. I don't use the phone bluetooth.

I like the feel of the car, the steering is tight, and so far the seats are comfortable. With this cold winter the heated seats are excellent. The nav system works well once it is set up. (See below). I can get a set of golf clubs across the back, many SUVs were to narrow. The back up camera works very well, as to the headlights. The Ipod interface is good, but see below.

So far I hate the voice control. It is difficult to set up the nav with it. Other manufacturers seem to have a better handle on this. My hand held Garmin is easier to set up. There is no place for coins. The compartment under the arm rest is large, but could use a shallow divider as in most SUVs. The single CD player, located in the glove box is difficult to get at, and, for people that listen to recorded books, it is very inconvenient. It has forced me to get an Ipod, and ripping books to the Ipod is no fun. The user manual is so full of saftety warnings that it is hard to use. I still get the cruise control lever and the turn signal lever mixed up. Different sides would have help

been 'lookin for a year
119,287 of 119,287 people found this review helpful
By parksi

2011 Volkswagen Touareg SUV VR6 Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

11/7/10 - For the last three months I have been test driving every mid size SUV from Toyota to Porsche. I test drove the new Touareg last Thursday and drove it home that afternoon! It's like you know when it's " right ".... and it was. It's everything that I have been looking for and more. Luxurious appointments, comfortable, and a perfect vehicle for the mountains and city driving. I bought the Lux TDI in Gallapogos Gray with black interior. It's awesome.