2011 Volkswagen Touareg Diesel - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Touareg model:
The Best SUV !!! Nothing Else Even Comes Close!!
By vision3 on 05/15/14 20:02 PM (PDT)

2011 Volkswagen Touareg Diesel TDI Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 8A)

I have owned my Sport TDI SUV since new. I have driven it for 28,000 miles and have not had one problem with it. Truly an outstanding SUV. Build quality is top notch. Feels very solid and safe. Steering is tight, suspension is firm yet soaks up road bumps. Handling on the most curvy roads is amazing. Diesel engine is very smooth, surprisingly quiet and very powerful. Accelerates like a rocket. 80mph feels like only driving 50, without any strain on engine, while getting 30mpg!! I set the speedo alarm at 80mph, and it routinely alerts me. A great feature on this SUV!! Seats are very comfortable, Nav. and voice commands easy to operate. Great sound system. VW hit a home run! Best SUV!!!

Great car. Technology features not tested for U.S.
By leighlane on 04/09/12 13:36 PM (PDT)

2011 Volkswagen Touareg Diesel TDI Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 8A)

I've had my 2011 Touareg TDI for 1 year. Overall, great experience. I'm an Audi loyalist, yet my VW TDI is a favorite. My Touareg has blemishes. I'm 6+mo. into trying to get my Bluetooth fixed. A VW factory engineer confirmed mine isn't usable. Call recipients can't hear me. On any iPhone (3, 3G, 4, 4S) it is not usable because it picks up excessive road noise (VW didn't QA test iPhones?). VW USA and my dealer have been lackluster in support. I was told by VW's Executive Care team that I will have to pursue other means like BBB and CA Attorney General to fix this because VW USA doesn't have a trend of this as a problem. Apparently, I'm the first. So great experience with a major blemish

Best Car Ever
By Anonymous on 12/07/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Volkswagen Touareg Diesel TDI Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 8A)

I have been driving for 50 years and have driven most makes and models from GM, Ford, MB, RR, Audi, BMW, Low budget to > $70k and this is the best vehicle I have ever driven! Solid, quiet and fuel efficient. The safety features are great, and the looks speak for themselves, 'understated elegance'.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Volkswagen Touareg Diesel in VA is:

$114 per month*