Used 2011 Volkswagen Touareg TDI Sport Diesel Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Volkswagen Touareg - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Touareg model:

The Best SUV !!! Nothing Else Even Comes Close!!
By vision3

2011 Volkswagen Touareg Diesel TDI Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 8A)

I have owned my Sport TDI SUV since new. I have driven it for 28,000 miles and have not had one problem with it. Truly an outstanding SUV. Build quality is top notch. Feels very solid and safe. Steering is tight, suspension is firm yet soaks up road bumps. Handling on the most curvy roads is amazing. Diesel engine is very smooth, surprisingly quiet and very powerful. Accelerates like a rocket. 80mph feels like only driving 50, without any strain on engine, while getting 30mpg!! I set the speedo alarm at 80mph, and it routinely alerts me. A great feature on this SUV!! Seats are very comfortable, Nav. and voice commands easy to operate. Great sound system. VW hit a home run! Best SUV!!!

Favorite Features

Handling, Sportiness, All Wheel Drive, Smooth Quiet Ride, Solid Feel, Quality Build, Voice Commands, NAV and Back Up Camera, Quiet, Smooth Powerful Diesel Engine, Amazing Acceleration, Excellent Brakes, Excellent MPG, 30MPG on highway!!!

Suggested Improvements

None. Can't think of anything that needs improvement on this SUV, except maybe a lower sticker price. But, I guess you get what you pay for!

Great car. Technology features not tested for U.S.
By leighlane

2011 Volkswagen Touareg Diesel TDI Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 8A)

I've had my 2011 Touareg TDI for 1 year. Overall, great experience. I'm an Audi loyalist, yet my VW TDI is a favorite. My Touareg has blemishes. I'm 6+mo. into trying to get my Bluetooth fixed. A VW factory engineer confirmed mine isn't usable. Call recipients can't hear me. On any iPhone (3, 3G, 4, 4S) it is not usable because it picks up excessive road noise (VW didn't QA test iPhones?). VW USA and my dealer have been lackluster in support. I was told by VW's Executive Care team that I will have to pursue other means like BBB and CA Attorney General to fix this because VW USA doesn't have a trend of this as a problem. Apparently, I'm the first. So great experience with a major blemish

Favorite Features

Fuel efficiency Ride comfort Touchscreen nav Auto hold for city traffic stop and go Bluetooth (for streaming, not for voice)

Suggested Improvements

Bluetooth that works for voice, and is tested on top U.S. phones like iPhone. Stronger fit and finish (I just had a chrome trim piece come off my right rear passenger door). Backup camera with warning tones.

Best Car Ever
By Anonymous

2011 Volkswagen Touareg Diesel TDI Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 8A)

I have been driving for 50 years and have driven most makes and models from GM, Ford, MB, RR, Audi, BMW, Low budget to > $70k and this is the best vehicle I have ever driven! Solid, quiet and fuel efficient. The safety features are great, and the looks speak for themselves, 'understated elegance'.

Favorite Features

Safety, fuel economy, quiet comfort.

Suggested Improvements

Lower price.