Used 2011 Volkswagen Touareg VR6 Lux Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Volkswagen Touareg - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Touareg model:

2011 Touareg Lux White/Saddle Brown
By march609

2011 Volkswagen Touareg VR6 Lux 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

This is my first VW and I am somewhat satisfied, but feel like the car is constantly down shifting when you are driving at a slower speed. It kind of feels like when you down shift too quickly in a five speed. It kind of jerks when it does it. Not sure if its just an issue with the individual car or something I need to get use to. The other very annoying and disappointing feature is for a $49,000 suv, I am shocked that keyless entry and push button start are not a standard feature. Very disappointing to say the least. Otherwise, it's a beautiful, sleek, comfortable, sturdy and reliable suv.

Best looking interior and navigation system I have ever seen!!

Keyless entry, remote start and push button start should absolutely be standard at $49,000! It is in many of the competition models!!

A Best Kept Secret
By rvb1

2011 Volkswagen Touareg VR6 Lux 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I've had my 2011 T-Reg Lux for several months now and I am blown away by this vehicle. It meets all the expectations of a luxury SUV. I traded in my 2004 T-Reg V8 for the V6 and had some concerns with the power and some of the previous glitches, however this is one amazing SUV. Well worth the high 40's one pays in comparison. The Nav/Media system is smart and easy to use; The comforts are endless.The back seating is far better than most comps. For those that take it off road and on the beach it eases through the sand beautifully. (Always air down to about 20lbs) A simply knob turn to off road. So much easier than the 2004.

Large sunroof, great steering turn radius. Smooth ride. Exceeds anticipated MPG. NAV/media system, Fit and finish, I Love it!

Seems I always hit the memory seat buttons, while opening the drivers door, which is located shoulder height on the door panel. Moving them forward towards the front would help.

treg - 2 months review
By testrada

2011 Volkswagen Touareg VR6 Lux 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

vehicle is good. looked at x5, x3, q7, q5, cayenne, highlander, f150, explorer, mdx.... chose these because of the mix of very good quality, features, comfort at a relatively decent value (most vehicles we looked at were $50k+ with either less features, less quality, or both. too bad not all the european options are available on the models here. perhaps vw afraid its getting too close to q7 or cayenne. power is more than adequate brakes are superb avg mpg 21 with 50/50 hwy/city (not going over 70) turn ratio is phenomenal

being able to do u-turns in two lane roads dashboard display

cooled seats remote start ability to set treble/bass directly (without going through menus) provide mid's freq in stereo

6 months in, very happy with purchase
By azsundvl

2011 Volkswagen Touareg VR6 Lux 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I got the Touareg for my wife however I drive it a good amount. We held off for a while on buying a SUV because we just couldn't seem to find the right fit. We're glad we waited because the Touareg is a great vehicle (looked at RX350, ML350, Q5). We do short trips and not a ton of mileage but are still averaging almost 18 mpg w/ the VR6. There's a good amount of room without being too large of a vehicle. The driving feel and quality of vehicle is great. There's enough power and it's a great looking SUV. VW did a great job - definitely recommend it.

Integrated features to steering wheel, solid driving feel, quality build, looks.

Remote start

Rare Find!!White w/Saddle Brown VR LUX
By bigcat56

2011 Volkswagen Touareg VR6 Lux 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

This 2011 VW Touareg VR6 Lux is the BEST car I have purchased in the last 35 years. I'm a big man at 6'3" 280lbs, hard to find any vehicle with enough space for someone my size to sit behind me, but this suv has that as well as comfort for all passengers. Looked at BMW X5, MB ML350, Nissan Murano, new Ford Edge, Volvo XC60. A complete joy to drive, plenty of power from VR6/8Spd, Classy, Luxurious interior with all the Technology you can handle. Didn't think I needed a NAV system, but this one has totally changed my mind. Standard stereo system sounds rich and full to my ears. Price point when considered with all standard equipment vs. luxury competition is within reason.

NAV Infotainment system w/Sirius Traffic & radio. SD slots for music and video.Luxurious and comfortable seating. Saddle Brown leather option. 8 Speed Transmission, shift to Sport mode for more fun. Ride , quiet and solid feel. Overall look inside and out is stunning. Ability to achieve 23+ MPG Highway. Puts a grin on my face everytime I get in, regardless of where I'm sitting! Must not forget Velcro blocks to keep cargo from shifting in the back.

Nothing so far.