2011 Volkswagen Touareg - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Touareg model:
Our first VeeDub
By ec374897 on 06/14/11 12:34 PM (PDT)

2011 Volkswagen Touareg VR6 Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Our Touareg was our first VW, but not our first SUV. Previously we had a Ford Explorer and a Toyota Highlander. When looking for our new car, we looked and drove several, including the 4runner, Q5 and X5. The Touareg, hands-down trounced our previous suv's when it came to handling, performance and comfort. Our '06 Highlander drove like a minivan compared to the tight feel and zippy performance from the T-reg. When it came time to choose, the VW experience, and price/feature ratio won out over our other options. 4runner - too much like a truck, and the price point when compared to Audi/BMW was perfect. Overall, this vehicle is fun to drive and gets good mpg for its class.

The Best SUV for your $$$
By sgleyzer on 02/17/11 12:45 PM (PST)

2011 Volkswagen Touareg VR6 Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I was a Lexus RX owner for the past 10 year. Drove 2000, 2004, 2006, 2008 & 2009 models and HATED them for as long as I had them all. I wanted a change.... When passing by VW dealer I saw this Beauty on the front lot I took if for a test drive that moment. It was Sport V6. It was OH MY... after just 5 minutes of driving I test drove MDX, RX350, X5, Mazda9 and 2011 Grand Cherokee. Non of these came close (money vs what you get) I picked up my Touareg Sport V6 for more then 6K off MSRP ($39200) on 12/22/10 For all folks on the market for 5 pass. SUV MAKE YOURSELF A HUGE FAVOR PLEASE CHECK IT OUT AND TAKE IT FOR A DRIVE!!!! THATS ALL :-))) Good Luck & All The BEST!!!!

New Owner
By utahgolfer on 01/15/11 15:39 PM (PST)

2011 Volkswagen Touareg VR6 Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I only have 600 miles on the vehicle and all of it has been in town. I plan to update this as I get more miles. No opinion on mileage, road noise, ride on long trips, reliability, service, and handling in the snow, Yet. I have ordered the towing package but it hasn't come in yet. I don't use the phone bluetooth.

16,024 of 16,024 people found this review helpful
been 'lookin for a year
By parksi on 11/07/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Volkswagen Touareg VR6 Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

11/7/10 - For the last three months I have been test driving every mid size SUV from Toyota to Porsche. I test drove the new Touareg last Thursday and drove it home that afternoon! It's like you know when it's " right ".... and it was. It's everything that I have been looking for and more. Luxurious appointments, comfortable, and a perfect vehicle for the mountains and city driving. I bought the Lux TDI in Gallapogos Gray with black interior. It's awesome.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Volkswagen Touareg in VA is:

$113 per month*