2011 Volkswagen Touareg - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Touareg model:
The Best SUV !!! Nothing Else Even Comes Close!!
By vision3 on 05/15/14 20:02 PM (PDT)

2011 Volkswagen Touareg TDI Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 8A)

I have owned my Sport TDI SUV since new. I have driven it for 28,000 miles and have not had one problem with it. Truly an outstanding SUV. Build quality is top notch. Feels very solid and safe. Steering is tight, suspension is firm yet soaks up road bumps. Handling on the most curvy roads is amazing. Diesel engine is very smooth, surprisingly quiet and very powerful. Accelerates like a rocket. 80mph feels like only driving 50, without any strain on engine, while getting 30mpg!! I set the speedo alarm at 80mph, and it routinely alerts me. A great feature on this SUV!! Seats are very comfortable, Nav. and voice commands easy to operate. Great sound system. VW hit a home run! Best SUV!!!

Great car. Technology features not tested for U.S.
By leighlane on 04/09/12 13:36 PM (PDT)

2011 Volkswagen Touareg TDI Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 8A)

I've had my 2011 Touareg TDI for 1 year. Overall, great experience. I'm an Audi loyalist, yet my VW TDI is a favorite. My Touareg has blemishes. I'm 6+mo. into trying to get my Bluetooth fixed. A VW factory engineer confirmed mine isn't usable. Call recipients can't hear me. On any iPhone (3, 3G, 4, 4S) it is not usable because it picks up excessive road noise (VW didn't QA test iPhones?). VW USA and my dealer have been lackluster in support. I was told by VW's Executive Care team that I will have to pursue other means like BBB and CA Attorney General to fix this because VW USA doesn't have a trend of this as a problem. Apparently, I'm the first. So great experience with a major blemish

WOW!!!
By carguy114 on 09/05/11 20:58 PM (PDT)

2011 Volkswagen Touareg TDI Lux 4dr SUV 4WD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 8A)

My familiy and I have owned our 2011 VW Touareg TDI Lux for 5 months now and all I can say is what an incredible car. First off, we were OK with the 19 MPG city rating, and because we live in the hills, we were expecting less. BUT, we are actually averaging 23 miles per gallon without any highway driving. I would not be surprised if somone who's commute consists of 35-65 mph flat roads could average over 50 mpg. This really is an incredible machine. The overall build quality is very solid, you always feel safe! The interior has ablselutely no flaws and the panoramic sunroof is incredible. If you ane in anyway remotely considering the Touareg, you will not be let down. We love our Touareg TDI

Value with Style
By stcamp on 08/31/11 09:41 AM (PDT)

2011 Volkswagen Touareg TDI Lux 4dr SUV 4WD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 8A)

Was in the market for another SUV, yet wanted something different, not cumbersome nor boxy. Previously had an 07 BMW X5 - liked the car, yet did not like performance. With gas prices fluctuating high/low, I considered the diesel. Drove the BMW diesel, yet it was $9k more than the VW. My car is new <300 miles, yet in town I avg 19.5 and Hwy 26 mpg. As the car engine breaks in and I get my foot off the pedal, I know mileage will improve. Seats are very comfortable, interior is well designed and Navigation interface works very well. The LED headlights are distinctive and the back end of the Touareg is in my opinion...nicer than Porsche

2011 Touareg Lux White/Saddle Brown
By march609 on 07/31/11 16:53 PM (PDT)

2011 Volkswagen Touareg VR6 Lux 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

This is my first VW and I am somewhat satisfied, but feel like the car is constantly down shifting when you are driving at a slower speed. It kind of feels like when you down shift too quickly in a five speed. It kind of jerks when it does it. Not sure if its just an issue with the individual car or something I need to get use to. The other very annoying and disappointing feature is for a $49,000 suv, I am shocked that keyless entry and push button start are not a standard feature. Very disappointing to say the least. Otherwise, it's a beautiful, sleek, comfortable, sturdy and reliable suv.

A Best Kept Secret
By rvb1 on 07/01/11 05:36 AM (PDT)

2011 Volkswagen Touareg VR6 Lux 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I've had my 2011 T-Reg Lux for several months now and I am blown away by this vehicle. It meets all the expectations of a luxury SUV. I traded in my 2004 T-Reg V8 for the V6 and had some concerns with the power and some of the previous glitches, however this is one amazing SUV. Well worth the high 40's one pays in comparison. The Nav/Media system is smart and easy to use; The comforts are endless.The back seating is far better than most comps. For those that take it off road and on the beach it eases through the sand beautifully. (Always air down to about 20lbs) A simply knob turn to off road. So much easier than the 2004.

Our first VeeDub
By ec374897 on 06/14/11 12:34 PM (PDT)

2011 Volkswagen Touareg VR6 Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Our Touareg was our first VW, but not our first SUV. Previously we had a Ford Explorer and a Toyota Highlander. When looking for our new car, we looked and drove several, including the 4runner, Q5 and X5. The Touareg, hands-down trounced our previous suv's when it came to handling, performance and comfort. Our '06 Highlander drove like a minivan compared to the tight feel and zippy performance from the T-reg. When it came time to choose, the VW experience, and price/feature ratio won out over our other options. 4runner - too much like a truck, and the price point when compared to Audi/BMW was perfect. Overall, this vehicle is fun to drive and gets good mpg for its class.

treg - 2 months review
By testrada on 06/02/11 10:30 AM (PDT)

2011 Volkswagen Touareg VR6 Lux 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

vehicle is good. looked at x5, x3, q7, q5, cayenne, highlander, f150, explorer, mdx.... chose these because of the mix of very good quality, features, comfort at a relatively decent value (most vehicles we looked at were $50k+ with either less features, less quality, or both. too bad not all the european options are available on the models here. perhaps vw afraid its getting too close to q7 or cayenne. power is more than adequate brakes are superb avg mpg 21 with 50/50 hwy/city (not going over 70) turn ratio is phenomenal

6 months in, very happy with purchase
By azsundvl on 05/25/11 11:20 AM (PDT)

2011 Volkswagen Touareg VR6 Lux 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I got the Touareg for my wife however I drive it a good amount. We held off for a while on buying a SUV because we just couldn't seem to find the right fit. We're glad we waited because the Touareg is a great vehicle (looked at RX350, ML350, Q5). We do short trips and not a ton of mileage but are still averaging almost 18 mpg w/ the VR6. There's a good amount of room without being too large of a vehicle. The driving feel and quality of vehicle is great. There's enough power and it's a great looking SUV. VW did a great job - definitely recommend it.

The Best SUV for your $$$
By sgleyzer on 02/17/11 12:45 PM (PST)

2011 Volkswagen Touareg VR6 Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I was a Lexus RX owner for the past 10 year. Drove 2000, 2004, 2006, 2008 & 2009 models and HATED them for as long as I had them all. I wanted a change.... When passing by VW dealer I saw this Beauty on the front lot I took if for a test drive that moment. It was Sport V6. It was OH MY... after just 5 minutes of driving I test drove MDX, RX350, X5, Mazda9 and 2011 Grand Cherokee. Non of these came close (money vs what you get) I picked up my Touareg Sport V6 for more then 6K off MSRP ($39200) on 12/22/10 For all folks on the market for 5 pass. SUV MAKE YOURSELF A HUGE FAVOR PLEASE CHECK IT OUT AND TAKE IT FOR A DRIVE!!!! THATS ALL :-))) Good Luck & All The BEST!!!!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Volkswagen Touareg in VA is:

$134 per month*