2010 Volkswagen Touareg Consumer Review: Super SUV

2010 Volkswagen Touareg - Consumer Review

Super SUV
By AP on

2010 Volkswagen Touareg V6 TDI 4dr SUV 4WD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

I've been an Audi owner for years, but opted for the VW this go 'round because I didn't care for the Q7 exterior and I liked the air suspension option on the Touareg. It is by far my favorite automobile to date! Even though I got a fully loaded edition, there are a few luxury items noticeably absent (no memory feature on the driver's seat?!). And it is not without its electronic bugs: the alarm goes off sometimes when locking the vehicle with the key fob or exterior keyless button...it is a VW after all. But, honestly, it is one fine vehicle and if all goes well beyond these first 3K miles, I hope to have it for 300K + (this from someone who generally trades every 2 years with < 30K.

Besides the awesome diesel engine with loads of pulling torque, smooth tranny and fuel-sipping, cloud-like cruising my hands down favorite feature is the adjustable air suspension. The ride is better than the Q7 I test drove and it makes access easier for my 4'10 sister. The nav/stereo is great 2!

A memory feature on the driver's seat and perhaps a little storage under the front seats would be nice. Keep working on that electrical wiring, too! Maybe Continental or Yokohama tires instead of the Pirellis (better in snow). Otherwise, it's as close to a perfect sport utility vehicle as it gets

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review