Touareg Nightmare
By Nightmare on
2010 Volkswagen Touareg VR6 FSI 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)
I drive a lot of miles each year, and I liked this car when it was under about 30,000 miles. I'm guessing that most of the people who are writing these reviews don't have 54,000 miles on a car this new. This car was great when I first owned it, but once I put quite a few miles on it, it turned into a nightmare. First of all this car goes through head and taillights like crazy. I've had 3 headlights and 1 taillight replaced, and every so often the check headlight warning goes on when there is no headlight out. Gas mileage could be much better. Brakes squeal constantly & they've already been replaced once (Not covered under warranty). Back seats take forever to fold down. Continued Below.
Favorite Features
My horn broke at about 48,000 miles & was covered under warranty. At about 52,500 miles it broke again, I took it to the dealer requesting they fix it for no charge as the horn they put in was obviously defective. They said they would check w/Volkswagen and call me back. Continued Below...
Suggested Improvements
I called them twice to check up on what they can do. They said "We still haven't heard but we'll let you know" They never called back. I stopped in and apparently the car has too many miles over the 50K bumper to bumper warranty and can't fix it. I only have 54K miles on it! I'll never buy VW again.