2010 Volkswagen Touareg Diesel - Consumer Reviews

V6 TDI 3.0L V6 Turbo Diesel 4x4 6-speed Automatic - (15 reviews )
Toureg Tough on Kids
By McDonald NC on 09/06/10 18:54 PM (PDT)

2010 Volkswagen Touareg Diesel V6 TDI 4dr SUV 4WD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

I've had the Toureg for 7 months. Great for an individual or for a couple. But, the back seats are very erect and my kids wont get in the car unless we're traveling less that an hour. Just not comfortable in the back seat. Also, when I lock the car with the key fob the alarm goes off about 50% of the time -- very frustrating especially when with a customer. Lastly, I am forced to use Flow Volkswagen for service-- Unbelievlably bad service. In summary, a great ride but my kids avoid it, no trunk space, and the local dealer is a nightmare. Will be selling or trading soon.

Amazing SUV
By TEB on 07/09/10 04:57 AM (PDT)

2010 Volkswagen Touareg Diesel V6 TDI 4dr SUV 4WD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

Coming off of a 2007 AWD Cadillac SRX, I thought this SUV would be similar. Boy was I wrong. Comfort, drivability, and fuel economy put this vehicle in a class by itself. We have driven 2600 miles including one long trip of 1300 miles 27 MPG highway and 23 in a mix. It feels like your floating down the road, yet with real precise road feel. When climbing gradual inclines transmission works well, not like the SRX. It is also very easy to park with its short turn radius. Vehicle we purchased was standard with Luxury Package that includes leather seating, 19" wheels, and heated steering wheel, which was a must for my wife.

Power and fuel economy
By Return to VW on 05/20/10 21:12 PM (PDT)

2010 Volkswagen Touareg Diesel V6 TDI 4dr SUV 4WD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

This is one fine highway cruiser that is getting 29-30 mpg while gliding down the super-slab at the speed limit. We traded in an 08 ML320 CDI and the Touareg is a far better riding SUV, plus it is quieter. You do not hear the diesel engine but you do feel its power. We pulled a 5000 lb trailer with power to spare and excellent control. This is no SUV wannabe, this is the real thing with > 8 inches of ground clearance and great visibility. This is a keeper.

German tank safety with GTI performance
By Val on 05/20/10 17:17 PM (PDT)

2010 Volkswagen Touareg Diesel V6 TDI 4dr SUV 4WD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

I was an Audi Q7 3.6 FSI owner. Even Audi was very elegant, the mileage was bad, averaging 16 mpg overall. I always wanted to buy the Touareg in first place, but only the TDI version, for its superior torque, fun to drive and stellar gas mileage. I bought the vehicle with almost all the possible options, air suspension, xenon, navigation, rear view camera, etc. The car is very safe and fun to drive, excellent acceleration and passing power for such heavy vehicle.

Super SUV
By AP on 02/08/10 20:36 PM (PST)

2010 Volkswagen Touareg Diesel V6 TDI 4dr SUV 4WD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

I've been an Audi owner for years, but opted for the VW this go 'round because I didn't care for the Q7 exterior and I liked the air suspension option on the Touareg. It is by far my favorite automobile to date! Even though I got a fully loaded edition, there are a few luxury items noticeably absent (no memory feature on the driver's seat?!). And it is not without its electronic bugs: the alarm goes off sometimes when locking the vehicle with the key fob or exterior keyless button...it is a VW after all. But, honestly, it is one fine vehicle and if all goes well beyond these first 3K miles, I hope to have it for 300K + (this from someone who generally trades every 2 years with < 30K.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Volkswagen Touareg Diesel in VA is:

$103 per month*