Used 2010 Volkswagen Touareg SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Volkswagen Touareg SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Touareg model:

Excellent SUV
By krands

2010 Volkswagen Touareg SUV VR6 FSI 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Great ride and handling both on and off road. Decent fuel economy for vehicle capable of towing 7000 lbs.

Transmission shifting with downhill deceleration

Great Buy
By stanleys

2010 Volkswagen Touareg SUV VR6 FSI 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Traded a Toyota 4 Runner for the Touareg. Best luxury SUV, I found for the money. Reliability and VW customer service seems to be improving.

Comfort,Exterior design abd sound system

Better gas mileage in the city.

Touareg Nightmare
By Nightmare

2010 Volkswagen Touareg SUV VR6 FSI 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I drive a lot of miles each year, and I liked this car when it was under about 30,000 miles. I'm guessing that most of the people who are writing these reviews don't have 54,000 miles on a car this new. This car was great when I first owned it, but once I put quite a few miles on it, it turned into a nightmare. First of all this car goes through head and taillights like crazy. I've had 3 headlights and 1 taillight replaced, and every so often the check headlight warning goes on when there is no headlight out. Gas mileage could be much better. Brakes squeal constantly & they've already been replaced once (Not covered under warranty). Back seats take forever to fold down. Continued Below.

My horn broke at about 48,000 miles & was covered under warranty. At about 52,500 miles it broke again, I took it to the dealer requesting they fix it for no charge as the horn they put in was obviously defective. They said they would check w/Volkswagen and call me back. Continued Below...

I called them twice to check up on what they can do. They said "We still haven't heard but we'll let you know" They never called back. I stopped in and apparently the car has too many miles over the 50K bumper to bumper warranty and can't fix it. I only have 54K miles on it! I'll never buy VW again.

Awesome SUV
By HMB

2010 Volkswagen Touareg SUV VR6 FSI 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

It's more than what I expected in an SUV. I've owned GM all of my life, 4 to be fact, and I will never return to GM ever. This vehicle has so much power hidden under it's hood. I purchased with the 19" Wheels in December and never worried about getting stuck in the snow, in fact it seemed that I had total command of the road driving in 6" of slush and never once loss control. I looked at the Arcadia, Q7, Cheyenne and CX90 and my VW has them beat hands down in Price, Performance and Fuel Economy. 28 to 34 MPG on the highway, but only 12 in the city. After 12,000 miles in just under 6 months the gas I've saved while on the road has made a Huge impression on my GM Buddies.

Adaptive headlights, V-Tec Seats very comfortable and sturdy, Position of controls, Driver's side leg room.

Memory seating, Rear Cup holders, Alarm does sound from time to time when locking.

Love It!
By cgf

2010 Volkswagen Touareg SUV VR6 FSI 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Just got my new 2010 Touareg. Shopped Mercedes ML350, Lexus 350, Volvo CX90 - best deal and standard features. This ride is very solid. I think this is my favorite car so far. Had VW in the past '79 Bug, '84 Golf.

Bluetooth, Sat Radio, seats - very thick and comfortable, quiet ride

None so far - figuring out all the different displays is a little confusing.