2010 Volkswagen Touareg Diesel - Consumer Reviews

V6 TDI 3.0L V6 Turbo Diesel 4x4 6-speed Automatic - (15 reviews )
Pleased so far, but remains to be seen...
By sabotva on 09/03/13 19:00 PM (PDT)

2010 Volkswagen Touareg Diesel V6 TDI 4dr SUV 4WD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

Love this SUV. Purchased at 38k miles and have driven to 41k. Have NOT towed much, and that is a large part of why i purchased this car. 7700lb capacity is impressive. My list of praises is nearly endless. I'm focusing on gripes to inform the consumer. Consider everything else perfect.

Very Poor GPS System
By deh2 on 02/13/13 15:28 PM (PST)

2010 Volkswagen Touareg Diesel V6 TDI 4dr SUV 4WD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

I have had problems with my GPS since I purchased the vehicle. It often will have you exit & do a U turn only to bring you down the same road,do this a few times in rush hour and see how you feel!! I reported it to the dealer I purchased it from in Georgetown,TX & was told there was no fix yet. I have since moved to Houston,TX took my Toureg in before the warranty went out. They told me that they have heard this numerous times before & could fix it for $200.00 new software. I called the Volkswagen customer service and was told the same thing. 50K vehicle and won't fix the problem that it came with, that way of doing business does not work for me folks!! Imagine a big problem, eh!

Best vehicle we've ever owned, way better then the new model PERIOD! if you want a real truck and not a car.
By utadvrider on 08/06/12 23:12 PM (PDT)

2010 Volkswagen Touareg Diesel V6 TDI 4dr SUV 4WD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

Best vehicle we've ever owned, we are a large family and got rid of our 2007 LTZ LOADED Suburban. Gas milage savings alone has paid for the car payment, we save about $4-500 per month with the driving my wife does. Not to mention that the VW tow's more then the Suburban, the Chevy only towed 7K and the smaller VW tow's 8k! Besides the towing, it drives great, same as the Porsche for the most part, really the only differences are: Diesel, interior and wheel options, which the interior of the VW is way nicer then the Porsche. It fast (torque) and handles great, on & off road! It's a Real Truck, not a car thats lifted like most SUV's, body on frame like a PU, Land Cruiser of Land Rover.

DO consider the TDI Touareg!
By aokvw on 07/23/11 05:20 AM (PDT)

2010 Volkswagen Touareg Diesel V6 TDI 4dr SUV 4WD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

Overabundant torque completely satisfies all overtaking needs. Having owned a 2004 V8 Touareg previously (18 mpg tops), I hardly miss its full throttle induction roar, instead embracing the low-revving oomph of the turbo-diesel, while averaging 27+ mpg.

Not Perfect but so good I don't care
By GD on 11/29/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2010 Volkswagen Touareg Diesel V6 TDI 4dr SUV 4WD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

We've had it now for one year and it has lived up to everything we could have hoped for. It's an incredibly smooth ride with pretty decent pickup especially considering its a 5000 pound beast. I feel very safe driving and feel as if I'm surrounded by luxury - though there are a few things to be desired. The nav system, like most factory navs, is mostly accurate but has out of date store/gas registries. The system takes about 10 seconds to start up which means if i need the cam., I have to wait. We got the air package and combined without the low gear case it moves effortlessly in 18" of untouched (or compacted) snow. I recommend at least the tech package - it makes the car feel "cool"

30+ MPG at 70 MPH
By Dean on 11/04/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Volkswagen Touareg Diesel V6 TDI 4dr SUV 4WD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

Bought the Touareg for work related driving. Smooth, powerfull, and fun to drive. Handles very well for an SUV. Routinely getting 29-31 mpg with the diesel. Tows our sailboat effortlessly. No problems the first 20k miles

Road Trip From California to Montana
By Fred Christian on 10/26/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Volkswagen Touareg Diesel V6 TDI 4dr SUV 4WD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

Flew from NW Montana to California to buy this hard to find TDI Touareg.Quiet and comfortable interior for all day driving.Factory Bluetooth is so helpful!Passing effortless with the diesel with a ride like a cloud.Set the auto climate control and had total comfort in 105 degree heat.Got 25.5 MPG on a 1100 mile trip. Have been getting 21.5 MPG in town driving.This is a beautiful machine!

2500 mile review but great so far!
By San Diego Touareg on 10/24/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Volkswagen Touareg Diesel V6 TDI 4dr SUV 4WD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

Have had the SUV for only 2500 miles so far. My "dream vehicle", thanks sweetie! So my 2500 mile review: great ride with comfort, style and plenty of power! Bought the TDI for it's towing capacity and gas mileage. Currenlty avg. 21 MPG for both city/highway driving. Bought the luxury and technology package and haven't looked back. Ride is exceptional on highway. Great in the mountains! This is a ski mobile!! Took it up to Big Bear in S. California and was great. As with other reviews don't know why it doesn't have memory seating?? Very luxurious inside. Nicest vehicle we've owned by far. Inside is small as well as back seat. Don't think it will be a problem for family of 4.

Great Diesel
By Don on 09/24/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Volkswagen Touareg Diesel V6 TDI 4dr SUV 4WD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

This is an excellent SUV diesel which has exceeded my high demands and expectations in every respect: Power, comfort, style and reliability. I have 20,500 miles and virtually no problems have surfaced. Eventually I will probably buy the newer model, but I plan to keep this for many more years because it is so well-executed and realized. Dealership support for the routine service has been exemplary. It is superior in most respects to my former BMW X5 and is more evocative of the Sahara than Wilshire Blvd--a good rugged simple feel with less "look at me!!" attitude than the BMW.

And they make the gas version because...
By Fresno Vicary on 09/20/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Volkswagen Touareg Diesel V6 TDI 4dr SUV 4WD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

Traded in a 2006 Expedition for this midsize SUV and we aren't looking back. The Touareg is just the right size for our family of 5 (kids range 3- 9yrs.). It doesn't have the interior space of the Expedition, but it's not a big lumbering beast either. This is a fun to drive SUV with plenty of power at a great price point. Early results on mpg indicates it should more than cover the EPA ratings. My only hope is that we didn't get one of the unreliable ones. I only rated reliability "5" because we haven't had the car long enough to rate.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Volkswagen Touareg Diesel in VA is:

$103 per month*