Used 2010 Volkswagen Touareg V6 TDI Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Volkswagen Touareg - Consumer Reviews

2010 Volkswagen Touareg

View reviews for a specific Touareg model:

Pleased so far, but remains to be seen...
By sabotva

2010 Volkswagen Touareg V6 TDI 4dr SUV 4WD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

Love this SUV. Purchased at 38k miles and have driven to 41k. Have NOT towed much, and that is a large part of why i purchased this car. 7700lb capacity is impressive. My list of praises is nearly endless. I'm focusing on gripes to inform the consumer. Consider everything else perfect.

Favorite Features

sturdy feel to most parts. Doors, tailgate, hood, knobs, etc. Dash layout is great. diesel strong and fun.

Suggested Improvements

Parking sensors - annoying, but can turn off Leaks on back hatch - crazy flaw. pours water from tailgate to interior when hatch opened 12v outlet switched - none are always on Battery under seat - jumpstarting?? No electric brakes - 7.7klb towing capacity, but only if you get electric brakes, which dealer doesn't sell. Acceleration - eversoslight delay before accel Biodiesel - should be rated for B20. Disappointing ony apologetically rated for B5. Doors auto lock - annoying Lights always on - can't turn off headlights Intermittent wipers Phonebook directory - can't load all contacts Towing transmission - no "overdrive off" button Seat belts grab when pulled quickly. Annoying.

Very Poor GPS System
By deh2

2010 Volkswagen Touareg V6 TDI 4dr SUV 4WD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

I have had problems with my GPS since I purchased the vehicle. It often will have you exit & do a U turn only to bring you down the same road,do this a few times in rush hour and see how you feel!! I reported it to the dealer I purchased it from in Georgetown,TX & was told there was no fix yet. I have since moved to Houston,TX took my Toureg in before the warranty went out. They told me that they have heard this numerous times before & could fix it for $200.00 new software. I called the Volkswagen customer service and was told the same thing. 50K vehicle and won't fix the problem that it came with, that way of doing business does not work for me folks!! Imagine a big problem, eh!

Favorite Features

I think its mostly a really good vehicle and drives and handles nice. Great performance.

Suggested Improvements

You can make a really good vehicle, but if you don't take care of your problems you won't last..So take care of your warranty work on your nickel, not mine.

Best vehicle we've ever owned, way better then the new model PERIOD! if you want a real truck and not a car.
By utadvrider

2010 Volkswagen Touareg V6 TDI 4dr SUV 4WD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

Best vehicle we've ever owned, we are a large family and got rid of our 2007 LTZ LOADED Suburban. Gas milage savings alone has paid for the car payment, we save about $4-500 per month with the driving my wife does. Not to mention that the VW tow's more then the Suburban, the Chevy only towed 7K and the smaller VW tow's 8k! Besides the towing, it drives great, same as the Porsche for the most part, really the only differences are: Diesel, interior and wheel options, which the interior of the VW is way nicer then the Porsche. It fast (torque) and handles great, on & off road! It's a Real Truck, not a car thats lifted like most SUV's, body on frame like a PU, Land Cruiser of Land Rover.

Favorite Features

Diesel Engine, Turning Head Lights, Back Up camera, Front and Back Warning Censers, AWD with locking diffs, stereo, rain censing wipers, all one touch windows, heated seats & steering wheel! Free Maintenance & the extended warranty that we purchased from VW (Factory VW extended warranty) for $2200 gives us a warranty for 5 additional years after the stock warranty ends & a 120K miles total bumper to bumper, awesome!!

Suggested Improvements

None, maybe make it a little cheaper but that with all vehicles, lol.

DO consider the TDI Touareg!
By aokvw

2010 Volkswagen Touareg V6 TDI 4dr SUV 4WD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

Overabundant torque completely satisfies all overtaking needs. Having owned a 2004 V8 Touareg previously (18 mpg tops), I hardly miss its full throttle induction roar, instead embracing the low-revving oomph of the turbo-diesel, while averaging 27+ mpg.

Favorite Features

The 3.0 V6 TDI

Suggested Improvements

Better OEM tires than the miserable Continental Pro Contacts

Not Perfect but so good I don't care
By GD

2010 Volkswagen Touareg V6 TDI 4dr SUV 4WD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

We've had it now for one year and it has lived up to everything we could have hoped for. It's an incredibly smooth ride with pretty decent pickup especially considering its a 5000 pound beast. I feel very safe driving and feel as if I'm surrounded by luxury - though there are a few things to be desired. The nav system, like most factory navs, is mostly accurate but has out of date store/gas registries. The system takes about 10 seconds to start up which means if i need the cam., I have to wait. We got the air package and combined without the low gear case it moves effortlessly in 18" of untouched (or compacted) snow. I recommend at least the tech package - it makes the car feel "cool"

Favorite Features

1) Air suspension. 2) Air suspension. 3) Adblue+Diesel gas mileage 4) Air Suspension 5) 600W Dynaudio Sound 6) Low gear case 7) Air suspension 8) Bixenons put on a "show" when you turn the car on 9) multi function in dash display 10) Sport mode accel. 11) Push start +keyless entry

Suggested Improvements

VW still has its electircal quirks. The bluetooth chip died after a month, but they replaced it unders warranty so no biggy. Exterior body style is outdated, but they fixed that 2011, but unfortunately removed the air suspension as an option which means i'll be going elsewhere next time.