Much Better than the '07 Passat
By JimS on
2007 Volkswagen Touareg V6 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)
I purchased an '07 Passat 3.6 fully loaded with every bell and whistle and had problems from day one and couldn't wait to trade it. I was reluctant to buy another VW but have always loved the Touareg and got a great deal on mine! It is 10 times the vehicle and I love the comfort, safety and performance of my V6, I had wanted the V8 but they didn't have any in Atlanta and none with the 350 HP engine. I had heard terrible reliable ratings for this SUV but so far I am completely pleased, it has no squeaks or rattles and very solid feel. It has horrible gas mileage, but I knew that when I bought it. I have always owned BMW's and Mercedes, the standard features on my Touareg are options on these other two. All in all, I am very pleased!
Favorite Features
The interior fit and finish and nice sound system (I had an iPod adapter added). I love the styling and performance and feel very safe and secure in it. This is a great looking, sporty SUV for the money!
Suggested Improvements
Somehow improve the gas mileage, I average 10 mpg in town. Provide complimentary services like BMW including brake pads, I miss that the most. Have XM as a standard option like it is in the Passat, I don't like aftermarket installs.