2007 Volkswagen Touareg SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Touareg model:
DO NOT BUY THIS CAR
By hatetoureg on 02/05/12 09:46 AM (PST)

2007 Volkswagen Touareg SUV V6 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Save your money and shop else where. We bought this car new in 2007 from Stolhman. I hate the people at Stolhman. They are rude and were soo unhelpful from the moment we had to bring it in for issues at 5,000 miles. In the end they blammed us. This car is beyond disappointing and I wouldn't drive it again if someone gave me one for free with a million dollars. The number of little items that went on the car from the beginning were endless...at 100,000 miles it needed over $8,000 in repairs. I never had an accident with this car. Interior fabulous. Issues included: Tire sensors were broken from day one, transmission, heater issues, window issues, break issues and the list goes on..

My Engine Just Blew
By V6 2007 Treg on 07/13/10 20:50 PM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen Touareg SUV V6 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Car is at the dealer and waiting for a new engine. 4 months left on the lease and I can't wait to give it back.

Wouldn't buy it
By miamicustoemr on 06/21/10 08:32 AM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen Touareg SUV V6 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Car is too heavy, get ready for changing brakes and tires every 20K miles even with my wife driving it. Worse warranty in the industry. poor pick up performance due also to the weight. Horrible customer service, road side assistance sent my car to another dealer across town and it was sitting in the parking lot, no one knew about the car even after being assure by the customer service department that they had received the car. If you must buy this car I suggest at least never buy from south motors in Miami.

Great Car - Aweful Value
By John on 12/21/09 10:12 AM (PST)

2007 Volkswagen Touareg SUV V6 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I bought a 07 Touareg a little over a year ago. At first I was very happy. But after a year a lot started happening to it. Little things... But what topped it over, after 34k miles I now have to drop 1700 for 4 new breaks and rotters. Buyer beware... if you buy a touareg you will be dropping a ton of money in it to keep it up - do yourself a favor - go buy a Acura or a Toyota... Stay away from the Touareg and your wallet will appreciate it...

VW Touareg 2008 V6 TDI
By E55 on 12/15/08 13:26 PM (PST)

2007 Volkswagen Touareg SUV V6 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I got mine since may 2008. I have v6 tdi version. Fuel consumption around 26 mpg in city- 36-40 mpg at highway. Not bad for diesel. If compare to 16/21 for us v6 version, I have done test drive with VW staff. It's amazing what they do with touareg! We were at Nice off road and on airport take off lane. Definitely will take my to us next time.

Brake work
By david grunebaum on 08/21/08 07:02 AM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen Touareg SUV V6 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

With 42,000 miles the brake pad light came on. The dealers proposed cost for pads and rotors (rotors were required even though no evidence of need) $1690! That is correct nearly $1700 for initial brake work. Oil changes run $130. Any part is extremely expensive. On a BMW this brake job would be free. The care is needlessly expensive to operate.

Nice Boring SUV
By OCNJ19 on 07/23/08 14:02 PM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen Touareg SUV V6 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I liked this car a lot. The ride was great, very comfortable and a ton of features. My first choice at the time was the x5 but it just came out and it was extremely expensive. I got it all decked out fully loaded nav, rear view camera, better leather, folding mirrors, power steering wheel. I really liked the information display in between the tachometer and speedometer. it gave me a ton of info about my vehicle. Although i liked the car i felt the steering was too loose meaning i had to turn hard to turn especially at low speeds. I also though the design was boring even the rims were boring. I didn't have any technical issues with the vehicle. I just purchased a x5 and its even better

Best Ever
By bob shulman on 11/06/07 16:54 PM (PST)

2007 Volkswagen Touareg SUV V6 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

My previous SUV was am Acura MDX, which I was totaly satisfied with. The Volkswagen drives so much better, feels better (its the euro feeling), same mileage, much more power, but everyday I enjoy the vehicle more and more, its not the Volkswagen our parents had years ago.

Near Perfection
By MCARZ on 05/28/07 12:23 PM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen Touareg SUV V6 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

This SUV has got it all! The acceleration on it is marvelous. I have enjoyed driving it most going up-hill with four passengers, that's when it really shines! The interior layout makes everything easy to reach and operate, a rare find these days! Volkswagen showed off on this one, the X5, M-Class, MDX, and RX 330 have nothing on this one!

Outstanding
By Bob on 03/24/07 12:19 PM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen Touareg SUV V6 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Replaced my 2003 Acura MDX which I thought was a great vehicle. This car outshines the acura in every respect. They changed the engine this year and it's great, no complaints, but it's still new. I can't feel the transmission shift. If it stays like this in the future I think I've died and went to auto heaven.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.