2007 Volkswagen Touareg SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Touareg model:
Love this vehicle!!
By gobubba on 12/30/12 10:44 AM (PST)

2007 Volkswagen Touareg SUV V8 4dr SUV AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

We have the 2007 V8 with every option available. Can't say enough about how much we love to own and drive it! Where else can you get a "car" (remember it is a unibody) that tows nearly anything a person could want to tow. It weighs about the same as a Suburban or Tahoe, so the ride and handling are superb. The factory roof rails run the entire length of the roof which makes mounting boxes or a bike rack a breeze. We bought a certified used Highlander prior to the Touareg and only owned it for two weeks before we forced the dealer to buy it back. The engine had what Toyota considers "normal" piston slap and the drivetrain whined like it was extremely worn out, also considered "normal".

DO NOT BUY THIS CAR
By hatetoureg on 02/05/12 09:46 AM (PST)

2007 Volkswagen Touareg SUV V6 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Save your money and shop else where. We bought this car new in 2007 from Stolhman. I hate the people at Stolhman. They are rude and were soo unhelpful from the moment we had to bring it in for issues at 5,000 miles. In the end they blammed us. This car is beyond disappointing and I wouldn't drive it again if someone gave me one for free with a million dollars. The number of little items that went on the car from the beginning were endless...at 100,000 miles it needed over $8,000 in repairs. I never had an accident with this car. Interior fabulous. Issues included: Tire sensors were broken from day one, transmission, heater issues, window issues, break issues and the list goes on..

Positive Experience
By EdR on 10/07/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen Touareg SUV V8 4dr SUV AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

Unlike others here, my experience has been very positive over 60,000 miles. This is a late 2007 with the FSI engine. Mileage is 16 to 18 on highway at higher than posted speeds. Issues - generally minor -- have been quickly resolved at various service locations. Reliability has been excellent -- no issues noted. Handles superbly on the road (equipped with 19" wheels and premium tires/air suspension). Heavy solid vehicle which does lead to limited tire life on secondary roads -- generally 16,000 to 18,000 miles. Brakes are excellent but require more frequency replacement than typical. Quiet and luxury feel.

My Engine Just Blew
By V6 2007 Treg on 07/13/10 20:50 PM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen Touareg SUV V6 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Car is at the dealer and waiting for a new engine. 4 months left on the lease and I can't wait to give it back.

Wouldn't buy it
By miamicustoemr on 06/21/10 08:32 AM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen Touareg SUV V6 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Car is too heavy, get ready for changing brakes and tires every 20K miles even with my wife driving it. Worse warranty in the industry. poor pick up performance due also to the weight. Horrible customer service, road side assistance sent my car to another dealer across town and it was sitting in the parking lot, no one knew about the car even after being assure by the customer service department that they had received the car. If you must buy this car I suggest at least never buy from south motors in Miami.

DO NOT BUY!
By worstcarever on 06/14/10 12:30 PM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen Touareg SUV V8 4dr SUV AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

This car was horrible! It was in the shop almost every week. VW dealerships never have the parts. I think I drove a loaner car more than I drove this car. After only 1 year, I rolled a bunch of negative equity into a new car, because I just couldn't put up with it anymore. MAJOR electrical problems. Headlights would totally go out, fuel pump and fuel pump manifold out, the list goes on and on. VW service, they aren't helpful. Gas mileage is horrible. Navigation is way outdated, and requires a special DVD/CD that the manufacture rarely updates. I tried to get it updated, haven't updated Colorado roads since 2006! Do not buy! You will be sorry!

Buy Something Else
By Feedback on 01/18/10 12:47 PM (PST)

2007 Volkswagen Touareg SUV V8 4dr SUV AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

Unreliable, bad service, poor build quality, low resale value, gas hog and these are the best hings about the Touareg. I lease this SUV for my wife and for the first 40,000 miles we were mostly happy with the car but for the last 20,000 miles it has been a horror story. Everything from the sunroof and windows which seem to have mind of their own to the engine control unit have failed. There times when we were not even able to get the car off the dealers lot after service without another failure of a system or part. The VW Touareg and the VW services is sub par. Do not buy this car it will fail you at the worst possible time.

Beware
By Bill on 12/24/09 07:03 AM (PST)

2007 Volkswagen Touareg SUV V8 4dr SUV AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

Great car for the first 48,000 miles but since then the car has been in the shop every 2,000 miles with check engine lights. The cooling fans, EMC computer, parking brake peddle, several emission controls, radio, windows and sun roof controls have failed and it is in the shop now for new engine coils. My wife will not drive car out of town because we can not trust the car to get her home.

Great Car - Aweful Value
By John on 12/21/09 10:12 AM (PST)

2007 Volkswagen Touareg SUV V6 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I bought a 07 Touareg a little over a year ago. At first I was very happy. But after a year a lot started happening to it. Little things... But what topped it over, after 34k miles I now have to drop 1700 for 4 new breaks and rotters. Buyer beware... if you buy a touareg you will be dropping a ton of money in it to keep it up - do yourself a favor - go buy a Acura or a Toyota... Stay away from the Touareg and your wallet will appreciate it...

Good for 45,000 miles, THEN PURE HELL
By Bill M. on 03/15/09 20:33 PM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen Touareg SUV V8 4dr SUV AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

My wife and I enjoyed the car for the first 45,000 miles but since then the Touareg can't make it 500 miles without a check engine light, bad cooling fans, sunroof and windows that mysteriously open by them self,power seats that fail, X brake that won't release, etc. In fact after the last visit to the dealership we could not even get off the lot because the brakes were locked and would not release. It is VW policy that if a item doesn't fail like our power seats which made a horrible grinding noise and would freeze in the down position VW will not warranty the item. VW would just unfreeze the seat and say that it did not fail and we had to live with the grinding noise. BEWARE OF VW.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.