Used 2007 Volkswagen Touareg Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Volkswagen Touareg - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Touareg model:

I just lost $8000......
By T

2007 Volkswagen Touareg V6 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Don't get me wrong, I love this car. It drives great and is beautiful. But due to having a family of 5, two young hockey players, I had to get something bigger. Here's where I start to hate this car. I purchased it used just a year and a half ago for $21,000. I checked kbb and nada at the time and that was the value. I now owe the bank $18000. And the car is worth $10,000.....oh my lands! Never in my life have I been upside down in a loan. The car is in excellent condition and has half the miles it's supposed to, so how the heck did this happen?!!! I will never buy another vw for this reason.

Love this vehicle!!
By gobubba

2007 Volkswagen Touareg V8 4dr SUV AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

We have the 2007 V8 with every option available. Can't say enough about how much we love to own and drive it! Where else can you get a "car" (remember it is a unibody) that tows nearly anything a person could want to tow. It weighs about the same as a Suburban or Tahoe, so the ride and handling are superb. The factory roof rails run the entire length of the roof which makes mounting boxes or a bike rack a breeze. We bought a certified used Highlander prior to the Touareg and only owned it for two weeks before we forced the dealer to buy it back. The engine had what Toyota considers "normal" piston slap and the drivetrain whined like it was extremely worn out, also considered "normal".

Turning lights, adjustable interior footwell lighting, air conditioned (very cold) glove box that holds a bottle of wine, plastic front fenders, powerliftgate with remote control, offload nav screen that shows the direction of the front tires, interior bumper sensor lights, low range transfer case, air compressor with attachment to air up all 4 tires, loading suspension height that allows me to wash and dry the roof with out a step stool.

The only dealer in our town is completely incompetent. Never go to Dick Hanna VW in Vancouver WA. I cannot stress this enough, they are total crooks. VW is seriously limited their customer base by not correcting the issues with the management at Dick Hanna dealerships.

DO NOT BUY THIS CAR
By hatetoureg

2007 Volkswagen Touareg V6 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Save your money and shop else where. We bought this car new in 2007 from Stolhman. I hate the people at Stolhman. They are rude and were soo unhelpful from the moment we had to bring it in for issues at 5,000 miles. In the end they blammed us. This car is beyond disappointing and I wouldn't drive it again if someone gave me one for free with a million dollars. The number of little items that went on the car from the beginning were endless...at 100,000 miles it needed over $8,000 in repairs. I never had an accident with this car. Interior fabulous. Issues included: Tire sensors were broken from day one, transmission, heater issues, window issues, break issues and the list goes on..

EVERYTHING!

Positive Experience
By EdR

2007 Volkswagen Touareg V8 4dr SUV AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

Unlike others here, my experience has been very positive over 60,000 miles. This is a late 2007 with the FSI engine. Mileage is 16 to 18 on highway at higher than posted speeds. Issues - generally minor -- have been quickly resolved at various service locations. Reliability has been excellent -- no issues noted. Handles superbly on the road (equipped with 19" wheels and premium tires/air suspension). Heavy solid vehicle which does lead to limited tire life on secondary roads -- generally 16,000 to 18,000 miles. Brakes are excellent but require more frequency replacement than typical. Quiet and luxury feel.

Xenon lights (articulating); air suspension; good engine power (350 HP); sport suspension setting; Tiptronic transmission control

Better tire life -- current Continental Contact seem to be better than prior Pirelli Zero or Michelins. More torque bias to engine. Less weight.

My Engine Just Blew
By V6 2007 Treg

2007 Volkswagen Touareg V6 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Car is at the dealer and waiting for a new engine. 4 months left on the lease and I can't wait to give it back.

When the lease is up

Never by another one so who cares