Used 2007 Volkswagen Touareg Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Volkswagen Touareg - Consumer Reviews

2007 Volkswagen Touareg

View reviews for a specific Touareg model:

Love this vehicle!!
By gobubba

2007 Volkswagen Touareg V8 4dr SUV AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

We have the 2007 V8 with every option available. Can't say enough about how much we love to own and drive it! Where else can you get a "car" (remember it is a unibody) that tows nearly anything a person could want to tow. It weighs about the same as a Suburban or Tahoe, so the ride and handling are superb. The factory roof rails run the entire length of the roof which makes mounting boxes or a bike rack a breeze. We bought a certified used Highlander prior to the Touareg and only owned it for two weeks before we forced the dealer to buy it back. The engine had what Toyota considers "normal" piston slap and the drivetrain whined like it was extremely worn out, also considered "normal".

Favorite Features

Turning lights, adjustable interior footwell lighting, air conditioned (very cold) glove box that holds a bottle of wine, plastic front fenders, powerliftgate with remote control, offload nav screen that shows the direction of the front tires, interior bumper sensor lights, low range transfer case, air compressor with attachment to air up all 4 tires, loading suspension height that allows me to wash and dry the roof with out a step stool.

Suggested Improvements

The only dealer in our town is completely incompetent. Never go to Dick Hanna VW in Vancouver WA. I cannot stress this enough, they are total crooks. VW is seriously limited their customer base by not correcting the issues with the management at Dick Hanna dealerships.

Diesel fan
By Dick Bare

2007 Volkswagen Touareg V10 TDI 4dr SUV AWD (4.9L 10cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

This is my second Touareg, first was a gasoline, 2004, had a few problems as it was the first year out, this car is much improved and a rocket ship, faster than the sister Porsche by .6 second, (Cayenne S), no problems so far in 5000 miles.

Favorite Features

I love the power and torque, great for hauling my boat, etc., gets 25 mpg if you go the speed limit on the highway.

Suggested Improvements

I wish it would power my phone, etc. When the motor's off, all plugs are off, it's got two batteries for crying out loud. Steering wheel could move up higher, too, for easy entry-exit.

Great German SUV - Go Drive
By Robert

2007 Volkswagen Touareg V10 TDI 4dr SUV AWD (4.9L 10cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

What a wonderful German engineered SUV! It is the best in its class, by far. I have had no problems with mine.

Favorite Features

The adaptive headlights, sound system, and rear view camera.

Positive Experience
By EdR

2007 Volkswagen Touareg V8 4dr SUV AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

Unlike others here, my experience has been very positive over 60,000 miles. This is a late 2007 with the FSI engine. Mileage is 16 to 18 on highway at higher than posted speeds. Issues - generally minor -- have been quickly resolved at various service locations. Reliability has been excellent -- no issues noted. Handles superbly on the road (equipped with 19" wheels and premium tires/air suspension). Heavy solid vehicle which does lead to limited tire life on secondary roads -- generally 16,000 to 18,000 miles. Brakes are excellent but require more frequency replacement than typical. Quiet and luxury feel.

Favorite Features

Xenon lights (articulating); air suspension; good engine power (350 HP); sport suspension setting; Tiptronic transmission control

Suggested Improvements

Better tire life -- current Continental Contact seem to be better than prior Pirelli Zero or Michelins. More torque bias to engine. Less weight.

DO NOT BUY THIS CAR
By hatetoureg

2007 Volkswagen Touareg V6 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Save your money and shop else where. We bought this car new in 2007 from Stolhman. I hate the people at Stolhman. They are rude and were soo unhelpful from the moment we had to bring it in for issues at 5,000 miles. In the end they blammed us. This car is beyond disappointing and I wouldn't drive it again if someone gave me one for free with a million dollars. The number of little items that went on the car from the beginning were endless...at 100,000 miles it needed over $8,000 in repairs. I never had an accident with this car. Interior fabulous. Issues included: Tire sensors were broken from day one, transmission, heater issues, window issues, break issues and the list goes on..

Suggested Improvements

EVERYTHING!