The German Sherman
By mikecnz on
2006 Volkswagen Touareg V6 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)
What a fabulous vehicle! I have a 3.2L V6 fully loaded in Light Blue and Gray interior. Without question this is the best handling SUV on the road and one of the most comfortable to drive on or off. I've thrown this new vehilce around all kinds of corners and it just keeps on sticking. The V6 engine is slightly underpowered during uphill acceleration at 240 HP but this will be upgraded for '07 to 280 HP. Its gas mileage is well... very SUV. It has an annoying wheel balance/alignment issue which the dealership says shouldn't be fixed under 6,000 miles to avoid future problems. Otherwise this truck is perfect.
Favorite Features
The color combination Light blue / Grey / Walnut w/ V10 version roof rack, stylish interior, more bells and wells than I can figure out, and the car-like handling and cornering. The Brembo brakes are awesome. It has power outlets everywhere.
Suggested Improvements
Give it more power! The center console storage box has a clunky design. I can't get the Homelink system to function (user error?). Fix the wheel alignment / balance on new vehicles.