New Used VW Owner
By lapink on
2006 Volkswagen Touareg V8 4dr SUV AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)
I made the switch from a BMW 328ci to a big (for me) SUV. I bought this car used and I haven't owned it long, but I'm already in love. I guess I'll have to write again when I've put on more miles. It handles superb on the highway and in the snow. This car is smooth making it hard to keep it anywhere near speed limit. I looked at many other "high class" SUVs, but I had to go with the poor mans Cayenne. I felt spoiled by all the unbelievable extras in the V8 Touareg. There's no way I could get this car new. It amazes me that a VW could go for so much, but used it's a great deal. Plus, unlike other vehicles, it's nice to have a car that few people have and get many compliments.
Favorite Features
Navigation of upcoming turns show in front of driver along with on nav. screen, navigation can be used while car is in motion (hello, passenger!), comfy seating, roomy back seat, different style of roof rack, and heated back seats to make my friends feel spoiled. Oh, and I love the compliments!
Suggested Improvements
Fuel, but hello, I bought an SUV! I'm disappointed VW doesn't make a good dog divider (they need to take a lesson from Volvo). I wish the navigation map showed the vehicle moving like a Garmin does and not always pointing north. Warning sounds are too loud and can get annoying.