Tons of fun
By AADAM on
2006 Volkswagen Touareg V10 TDI 4dr SUV AWD (4.9L 10cyl Turbodiesel 6A)
I love driving my Tdi Touareg daily. It is a blast; tons of torque and hp which makes it a lot of fun. We put the car on a rolling chassis dyno to see what it would do and how much power and torque it would lose through the drivetrain; from the engine to the tires. We were pleasantly suprised. It is rated at 310 hp and 554 lb-ft at the motor so I thought it should put down somewhere around 250-260 hp and 460- 485 lb-ft of torque at the tires. The dyno results surprised us all to say the least; 299 hp and 548 lb-ft torque at the tires; damn near matched the power ratings which were listed as at the flywheel. It is very difficult not to drive it with your foot to the pedal. Brakes are super as well. Super!!
Favorite Features
Love the performance and braking like I mentioned up top. The interior is great too; just wish the nav was touchscreen. I have the brown\tan interior with black paint which looks great.
Suggested Improvements
It'd be great if the suspension controls could be set up where it was possible to lower it another inch or two to make it handle better. Looks really pretty @loading level(the lowest setting). A mesh grill option would be great. Also if the VW emblem in the rear was paint matched between letters.