2006 Volkswagen Touareg 4.2L V8 AWD 6-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Luxury and High Tech Performance!

2006 Volkswagen Touareg SUV - Consumer Review

Luxury and High Tech Performance!
By Elizabeth on

2006 Volkswagen Touareg V8 4dr SUV AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

This is an exceptionally high-quality vehicle! I am very pleased with its handling, the quality of the interior, the durability, and the features. VW has really stepped up and provided buyers with a luxury SUV that drives like a luxury car, but has a "Sport" mode which gives it a much sportier drive feel as well. The cargo space is very functional and taller than most other mid-size SUVs that I tested, which is ideal for a large dog! :) The features are almost unsurpassed and even the 2007 Benz doesn't offer several features that the 2006 VW Touareg provides (I know because my friend brought home a brochure). I had a Benz SUV before the Touareg and the Touareg outshines it. The Touareg is a very pleasant surprise!

Favorite Features

The back-up camera, Park-Assist, heated steering wheel & front/rear seats, chilled glove box, memory front seats, Sport mode, three driving heights: up for off-road, low for loading, nav system, AC outlet (port DVD plyr), air pump system (rafts), keyless touch entry (key in purse), and sport mode!

Suggested Improvements

None, VW has outdone itself.