Love it ,But
By jak54 on
2006 Volkswagen Touareg V6 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)
I've owned this Touareg for about 4000 miles now. It's a great SUV as far as the the ride and handling. I'm not going to complain about the terrible gas mileage. I mean someone else already mentioned this, IT'S A 5500 LB SUV! What bothers me is the cheap plastic they used on in the interior! The decals on the radio presets and on the fans, etc. The supposedly buttons for a garage door opener do not work. Took it to the dealer..he said "use your own opener"...and the stereo controls...shouldn't they be on the steering wheel? Bells and whistles don't mean much if they don't work. Oh, and the VW logo in the center of the wheels, is glued on!
Favorite Features
The ride ..the feel of the road...the secure feeling you get driving it. Comfortable interior and the stereo. The style of the exterior and for me, not too many on the road. All in all, it's a great SUV, if you don't mind going to the dealer every once in a while to replace the dumb decals!
Suggested Improvements
More efficient engine...quality parts in the interior!!!!!!! Place stereo controls on the steering wheel instead of the cruise control..you use the stereo controls many times a day..how many times do you use the cruise control? mp3 dock would be nice.