2006 Volkswagen Touareg 3.2L V6 AWD 6-speed Automatic Consumer Review - First Year for Touareg

2006 Volkswagen Touareg - Consumer Review

V6 4dr SUV (3.2L V6 AWD 6-speed Automatic)

First Year for Touareg
By Mary Lou King on

2006 Volkswagen Touareg V6 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

For such a bulky vehicle (I have to fold in mirrors to get in garage), I am very cramped with the driver's seat all the way back (6'4"/230 lbs). It is hard to see left or right rear by turning in the drivers seat. The owners manual does NOT describe how to set the dash clock. I had to go to two dealerships (7 sales persons and three mechanics before the clock could be set). I e-mailed VW about the clock and NEVER received an answer. This truck gets very poor gas mileage (about 13 mpg) for a 6-cylinder. there is no immediate response from the gas pedal when starting out. Access to the engine appears restricted due to the intake manifold (?) covering top of engine. I'll find out for sure when it's time to take a wrench to it.

Favorite Features

Very nice leather upholstery (but I could buy a fantastic couch for way less money).

Suggested Improvements

Proofread the owners manual. If a manufacturers feedback page is on the web (it is), have somebody read it and reply (they didn't).