Used 2006 Volkswagen Touareg Consumer Reviews - 72 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Volkswagen Touareg - Consumer Reviews

2006 Volkswagen Touareg

View reviews for a specific Touareg model:

Touareg
By Corey

2006 Volkswagen Touareg V8 4dr SUV AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

The vehicle overall is fantastic. It performs great, is comfortable and has all the creature comforts anyone needs. The gas mileage is awful in my V8. Reports said that it should have averaged 16-17, but I have never gotten 17 except on long trips. I average 13- 14 overall. But my biggest complaint is spending $50,000+ on a vehicle and having it in the shop a half dozen times for electrical issues. VW was supposed to have this issue solved, but apparently no one told the folks that are still making the vehicle!

Touareg in Fort Worth
By CowtownTouareg

2006 Volkswagen Touareg V6 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

My Touareg's gas mileage is OK, about 16 city and 20 highway. The V6 engine is smooth, quiet, and accellerates well, though it frequently upshifts. The leather interior quality is superb. It's quiet and comfortable. It has Package 4 including the upgraded stereo (fantastic) and navigation, which I'm addicted to. Overall I think the Touareg is a great vehicle and I would buy one again. It's the best SUV I've owned and feels very safe, which it is. My next Touareg may be a V8. It's frequently more than 100 degrees here in the summer and the A/C works extremely well and cools the car very quickly, and mine is black with tan leather. The rear view camera in the navigation system works great, even at night. It is a real lifesaver!

This truck is quiet, has good quality, and has a comfortable interior. I love its utility, safety, looks, and value. I'd rate it a 9.5 overall. The Touareg is so well insulated that on a 100+ degree day I can get out of the car and when I return 15-30 minutes later, it is still cool! I've never expeienced that in any car I've ever owned!

I have very few suggested improvements. I prefer a touch-screen navigation system. Also, the tires wear too quickly. Mine only has 10,000 miles and I can see tire wear. I'm getting some road noise from the tires. There's a lot to learn with all the features and I'm still learning after a year of ownership which may say more about me than the Touareg.

The Perfect SUV
By Steven

2006 Volkswagen Touareg V8 4dr SUV AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

My VW Touareg is just awesome. It drives like a car on the highway. It hits high speeds with no trouble at all. It is better than a car because it is also one of the best off roading SUV ever made. It is just a great SUV! The V8 engine is lots of fun to drive! It has a great transmission with sport mode, which is great for passing.

Everything, the dash board gauges, how the car looks at night inside, and the dual exhuast. But my favourite would be Sport mode on the transmission. It changes gears at much high RPMs for a very sporty drive like if you were in a sports car.

Not many, better gas mileage and rear fog lights.

2006 Volkswagen Touareg V8
By joan

2006 Volkswagen Touareg V8 4dr SUV AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

My Touareg has been great! I purchased it to transport my two Labs. It has been great for moving college kids and highway travel. It's very comfortable, and I love all the special toys. My only disappointment has been the gas mileage. I've never driven a vehicle that didn't get good gas mileage. Because it's a V8, I only get 18 mpg on the highway.

The smooth exterior lines, the computer system, and the dashboard night accent lights.

Don't have any.

Loving it!
By Muji

2006 Volkswagen Touareg V6 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased my Touareg three week ago, and I absolutely love it. It’s fun to drive, and it feels great. The interior is second to none. I considered several other SUV’s in it’s class, and the Touareg's interior was far superior. I do however, wish that it had slightly quicker acceleration, which I hear is obtainable with the V8. I also would have liked to have had an optional third row seat. The Toureg is more spacious than some of its competitors as a result of leaving the third row out. So, that’s a toss up. Even with the three rows down in some of the other SUV’S it felt congested. There is no congestion in the Toureg. The only downside to purchasing the Touareg is the frequent trips to refuel. GO FOR IT.

It should have more head clearance.