2006 Volkswagen Touareg SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Touareg model:
2nd to none
By Dougy on 11/09/05 19:36 PM (PST)

2006 Volkswagen Touareg SUV V6 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I looked at 'em all and the 2006 Volkswagen Touareg is by far the best. My single complaint is that the V6 needs a little more get-up-and- go. The lack of power wouldn't keep me from buying the vehicle again, but it is a minor drawback. However, the positives far outweigh the negatives on this vehicle. It handles incredibly well given it's weight - you actually feel safer because it feels like you are driving a tank built by Porsche. I almost didn't look at this vehicle because VW has done a poor of job advertising. Even their website and brochure do not describe this vehicle well. Some of the coolest features aren't found in their literature. Believe me, one test drive & your hooked.

Beware of Problems
By Jac Lavone on 11/03/05 09:03 AM (PST)

2006 Volkswagen Touareg SUV V6 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I have had two Volkswagen Touaregs and had nothing but headaches. VW doesn't want to deal with many of the ongoing issues and they eventually refunded my payments and took back the vehicles. The truck is beautiful until you have your FIRST problem. Then, run!

First Year for Touareg
By Mary Lou King on 10/27/05 14:26 PM (PDT)

2006 Volkswagen Touareg SUV V6 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

For such a bulky vehicle (I have to fold in mirrors to get in garage), I am very cramped with the driver's seat all the way back (6'4"/230 lbs). It is hard to see left or right rear by turning in the drivers seat. The owners manual does NOT describe how to set the dash clock. I had to go to two dealerships (7 sales persons and three mechanics before the clock could be set). I e-mailed VW about the clock and NEVER received an answer. This truck gets very poor gas mileage (about 13 mpg) for a 6-cylinder. there is no immediate response from the gas pedal when starting out. Access to the engine appears restricted due to the intake manifold (?) covering top of engine. I'll find out for sure when it's time to take a wrench to it.

My second Touareg
By Michel Avril on 10/26/05 13:30 PM (PDT)

2006 Volkswagen Touareg SUV V8 4dr SUV AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

I always change cars every two years. The difference is if I find a better model, I change, if not, just buy the same. I drove a BMW X5 V8, and it had problems. I changed to a Mercedes ML500, and had no problems, but it was not good offroad. Then I changed for a 2004 VW Touareg, it was more comfortable and user friendly. After 30,000 impecable miles, I traded it in for a 2005 Touareg in July 2005. With Pirellis on 18 inch wheels, it handles as if it was on smooth rails. Precise, totally satisfactory to drive, in both the city and highway. Then go off road, the BMW and the Mercedes had trouble in the Death Valley canyons, the Touareg makes everything steady and easy.

Love my Toureg
By Toureg owner on 09/28/05 13:25 PM (PDT)

2006 Volkswagen Touareg SUV V8 4dr SUV AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

This car is beautiful. My car is strong enough for a man but handles like a woman. Overall a great vehicle.

2006 Volkswagen Touareg V8
By Chris on 09/07/05 11:09 AM (PDT)

2006 Volkswagen Touareg SUV V8 4dr SUV AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

Both myself and my wife test drove the Caddilac SRX, Jeep Grand Cherokee Hemi and Ford Explorer V8. After driving the VW, it was the hands down winner. The Touareg was the most comforatable, had the smoothest ride, the great acceleration and handling vehicle we drove. Couldn't wait to own it.

2006 Volkswagen Touareg V6
By Marbella E. De Jesus on 08/24/05 07:25 AM (PDT)

2006 Volkswagen Touareg SUV V6 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

When I'm driving in my Touareg I feel safe because of it's heavy frame and excellent handling abilities. The interior is plush, the exterior is slick and the ride is smooth. What more can you ask for? Volkswagen has definitely set the standard for what an SUV should really be like.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.